*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1876857-The-World-Weve-Come-To
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1876857
Chapter One: Running
Jonah ran as fast as he could, making sure Nathan wasn't lagging behind. All of a sudden he could hear the footsteps behind him. Nathan? No. Too loud, too fast. Then it was human. He heard it running across the sand, faster than he. Too fast. He looked behind him to find about a hundred of them, running, all after him. But wait, where was Nathan? "Nathan!" Jonah called, trying not to let his fear get through his head. He failed. Jonah could barely stand the thought of Nathan being torn apart and eaten alive by these savages. But how could he live? The humans were so close he could hear them breathe. The smell of rotten meat and blood filled his nose, making him gag. He started to slow down, but shot foward as the warm hand of a human scraped his arm. No. He couldn't die now. He had to make it out of there. For Nathan. As he ran the breath got hotter, and closer. He was about to give up and let them rip him apart when he heard a screech. No, louder. What was it? He'd never heard anything like it. It sounded again, it sounded almost mechanic. Then he saw it: a large machine, rusty, but working. It had large wheels. He counted eighteen. But from what he saw, nothing moved it. As if it were rolling downhill. An un-evolved sat to the left. On the side of the truck was painted: England Jungle Town co. He jumped foward, not knowing what to expect, when the machine slammed into the horde of beasts. He almost ran when he noticed what the un-evolved did. He was afraid he'd kill him as well. Thats when the man, no, not man, unevolved, got out of what Jonah now remembered was called a truck. He walked over to Jonah and gave him a hand. "Thanks, sir!" jonah said, wondering what happend. "Well, nice to see another liveing thing out here other than humans. whats you're name, son?" he asked. slowly jonah got up to awnser. Then he noticed the rising sun. "Jonah, sir" he said. "you'rs?" jonah asked, more confident now. "names Noland. I live in england. I was coming to trade with decay when I saw that horde of humans. You alright?" he asked. Jonah nodded and got ready for a trip he had been waiting for: A trip to somewhere safe.
© Copyright 2012 zommerman (zommerman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1876857-The-World-Weve-Come-To