*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1876912-Time
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1876912
Capturing the moments of our lives
Time :  an intangible thing that we grasp and hold on too with heart and soul,  Trying to capture something that is vaporous and fleeting.

When we are young we think that we have all the time in the world..it is ours, the world is ours and we seek its passing we cannot wait until we are older and get to do the fun things like drive or date.  We can't wait to be able to be on our own and live our lives without the control that parents impose on us. We just feel like that time is never going to come.

All to soon Time has past and the responsibilities of life envelope us and we go about living without thinking about the time that we have here on earth. All we know is that there are not enough hours in the day to do what we have to get done.  With each turn of our world day into night we are inching closer to the end and yet we still think that we have Time.



We raise our children,  we laugh and we love.  We work and we play, we sing and we dance..We have made it we captured Time and we have lots of it don't we?

Suddenly we are older and we look back and wonder where time went.  Memories are as fleeting as the seconds that have ticked away.  What happened to the time?  Where did it go? There is so much more that we wanted to do, to see.  So much more life we wanted to live!  Yet Time has passed.



Then there are days when time seems to stand still.  Those are the hardest moments when it seems we have no control.  What we don't think about is that we never did.  Time goes and life goes, it is the cycle of the world in which we live.  So when we are older we sit and think about the time that has gone  We see the hours of our lives in fleeting moments and memories.  As children playing in a stream skipping rocks.  Playing baseball with the kids in the neighborhood.  A Christmas that we got that special toy.  Catching fireflies in an open field or the back yard.  The first time we sat behind the wheel of a car.  The first kiss,  the first love,  our first child.  How fast they came and how fast they have gone.  Now our time is spent waiting,  waiting for the end.  Time is passing and we see it passing with a speed that is incomprehensible. 



We have more to do, more to share, more to learn.  So we keep trying to catch the minutes, to stop the clock and turn back the time.  Our time is allotted on this earth so waste not a moment.  Keep reaching, keep learning, keep exploring, keep teaching, keep smiling and give of yourself.  You may not be able to catch Time it may not be ours to keep but we can beat time by passing on to the people in our lives the essence of who we are and all that we know can be imparted for generations to come.  We live on even if for us Time has stopped.

Tell your children to stop...just stop and capture the memories.  You can't keep the time but you can keep the memories!
© Copyright 2012 LizaJane (ozarklady02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1876912-Time