*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1876914-Consistency-of-Change
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1876914
We travel through life ever changing
The one thing in my life that I know will stay constant is change.  We all go through them.  The constant up and down motion of a yoyo.  Today I am happy full of hope and dreams.  I know that there will be good things in store for me.  Tomorrow I will be sad and blue and wonder if the sky is falling.  This is the consistency of change.



But just imagine what life would be like if we didn't have changes.  There would not be seasons to look forward too.  There would be no moving from one spot to another.  There would be no day or night.  Wrong or Right.  There would never be a new person in your life.  No new friends, no new babies brought into the world and even though it sounds good, no death would knock at the door. 



What would happen then? We would not have the renewal of spirit that spring inspires in us.  We would not have the knowledge that moving and going forward gives us.  We would not know the beauty of a sunrise or sunset.  We would not experience the often gratifying whoop of "Hey, I got it!"  New people give us new hope.  New babies the softening of the heart. Death the surety that even in change there is consistency, that with every loss there is a gain,  Death opens our hearts and minds to the Unknown,  Some say God.  Some say the universe.  Some the Great Spirit.  Some the spirit realm.  However you say it when you experience it , it hurts and it changes your outlook completely!



In the last couple of months I have fallen in and out of love, colored my hair twice,  made new friends and  renewed my spirit with the change of the season.  I have been happy and laughed until my sides hurt.  Mad enough to see red,  sad enough to cry a river of tears and I wouldn't have it any other way.



With change we have the consistency of being more than we were for better or worse.  Sometimes it is hard to see beyond today what those changes will bring.  But hang on to your hat folks, because we know that there is something new on the horizon!  We can see it coming,  we can feel it in the depths of our souls.



So smile and remember that in the midst of the greatest darkness that the light will come.  When we have those darkest times it makes the light that much more intense that much more welcome.



The New Me,  I change all the time.
© Copyright 2012 LizaJane (ozarklady02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1876914-Consistency-of-Change