*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1879561-Her-resolve
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by petty
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Thriller/Suspense · #1879561
A woman scorned
Her resolve

Kate took a deep shaky breath and tried to compose herself. Things were not going as planned. She had taken her time and painstakingly laid down everything to the last detail.

But now at a pivotal moment, things were failing apart. She looked in the eyes of the frightened girl in front of her and felt a deep hurt within her soul.
'Please honey, I am so sorry. I never meant to hurt you,' her chain of thoughts were interrupted by her husband's voice.
She slowly shook her head to clear her blurred vision and shifted her gaze towards him. She smiled with a sense of calmness, even in the worse of situations; Tony still managed to look ruggedly handsome.

Kate wasn't one to believe in the notion that men were to blame for infidelity. She had always defended her husband's unfaithfulness.

'Of course it is those immoral girls’ fault. Flaunting their tight bodies in front of our husbands, what do they expect them to do? Of course they will want to sleep with them. But they always come back home to us,' she would tell her fellow suburbia wives.

But this time it was different. He claimed he loved her. She shifted the gun to the other hand and wiped her sweaty palm on her expensive designer's skirt. The weapon felt cold and heavy in her hand.

'I am not here to give a speech about how I have been a loving wife and how i feel betrayed by your infidelity. I am here to get this over and done with. You both know you deserve it, so please serve what is left of your dignity and stop groveling,' she said, trying to control her voice.

But even as the words came out, she knew she was fighting a loosing battle. Her resolution was to just barge in and shoot anything that moved. But now that she was here she just couldn't bring herself to hurt her husband, Tony, the love of her life.

She looked around the expensively furnished hotel room and felt like the walls were closing in on her. She felt like a trapped animal. Things were just spiraling out of control.

'Honey, please don't do this, you know I love you and you are the only woman for me. This, like the others times,is just a fling,' her husband said, trying desperately to make her see reason.

'But you told me you loved her and you were leaving me for her,' she whispered as tears came to her eyes.

She could feel her guide dropping. She looked at the crumbled bed and the semi naked girl on it, clutching the sheets around her lean body and looking as petrified as someone facing the hangman's noose.

'Look at her, she is just a girl, young and naive, she is just interested in material things. I would never leave you for her. Please put the gun down and we can talk about this at home,' he said softly as he cautiously got up and started dressing.

Kate slowly lowered the gun and slumped into the nearest chair. It has happened again. She had let him talk himself out of trouble again. What is wrong with me? She thought as she watched him hastily get dressed.

She tried as much not to look at the frightened girl; the most important thing was that Tony had chosen her, his wife over the young hot girl. She had won and the girl had lost, Stupid girl. She thought as her husband came towards her.

'Come on baby, lets get out of here,' he said as he handed her the purse.

Kate suddenly felt drained and defeated. She really needed to find a way of putting a stop to her husband's wayward ways.
I am getting too old for this, she thought as she slowly got up and, one hand clutching her purse and another gun, headed for the door.

She had just reached the door and was waiting for Tony when she noticed his refection in the mirror next to the door. With a mischievous grin on his face, he first winked at the girl and then mouthed 'I will call later,'

Without thinking twice, she swiftly turned around and fired two shots towards him and just as fast, fired another two in the direction of the girl.

She went back into the room and calmly put the gun on the table. She picked up the half empty bottle of wine and poured some in a glass. She picked it up and took a sip. She poured some more and went and sat by the phone.
She picked the receiver and dialed 911.

'Hello, this is 911, what is your emergency?' a feminine voice asked.

'Hi, I have just killed my husband and his mistress,' she answered calmly.

The end
© Copyright 2012 petty (petty at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1879561-Her-resolve