*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1880093-London-and-Beyond
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Political · #1880093
Camera operators broadcast the Prime Minister’s day up until evening.


The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland wakes up at six o’clock every morning. At seven, he leaves his residence to attend an exercise regime in Hyde Park. Scheduled before working hours, the event never fails to attract a large crowd.

The routine is televised, allowing workers from other cities to join in either in public parks or their own home. Camera operators continue rolling long after the exercise, broadcasting the Prime Minister’s day up until evening.

At 7am, the people of the United Kingdom join the Prime Minister for breakfast before travelling with him to work. It is common for Mr Ashdown’s day to be broadcast in the workplace, and considered good luck amongst workers if a scheduled break lines up with his. The Prime Minister prefers to eat at the West Surrey Pasty Company, along with 68% of the constituents.

In the House of Commons, the Prime Minister will engage with the opposition with celestial rhetoric and an even-temper. Mr Ashdown, an independent candidate, has been elected Prime Minister twice: once in 2018 and again in 2023. For the first time in world history, voter turnout has not dropped below 97% in nine years.

It is now common practise for political parties to employ camera crews, each one demonstrating varying degrees of success. The Social Conservative Party have attracted criticism for turning their cameras off during the discussion of certain issues, and the British Neoliberal Party are known to editorialize during debates. The UK Nationalist Party are the only party who do not make an effort to document their political activity.

At five o’clock the Prime Minister leaves the Houses of Parliament and returns to 10 Downing Street where he joins the people of Great Britain for dinner. During his meal, viewers submit enquiries which may be selected and answered. Rival parties accuse Mr Ashdown of fabricating questions, claims yet to be proven.

There are two occasions where a camera crew does not follow the Prime Minister. The first is during debates in the House of Commons since its already televised, and the other is when the door to 10 Downing Street is closed with them on the other side. Apart from this, every minute of the day is covered. As the White House won’t allow recording within its walls, Mr Ashdown meets the President elsewhere.

There are webcams installed around every room of 10 Downing Street. The people of Great Britain are very familiar with the Prime Minister’s home activities, and with his wife. Since his web history was published online, Asian pornography has increased in popularity almost tenfold.

It is not uncommon for citizens to fall asleep with their televisions on, owing perhaps to the Prime Minister’s bedtime story. The Downing Street webcams stay online 24 hours a day through sleep and toilet trips. Only during power cuts are the people of the United Kingdom left under a forest of security cameras wondering what Mr Ashdown is up to.








491 words
© Copyright 2012 huntermartin (huntermartin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1880093-London-and-Beyond