*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1881554-Avatars-of-Emotion
by Aresay
Rated: 18+ · Other · Death · #1881554
A very angry man and his story.
He is who he is. He can only be described using three words, well four actually. Anger, wrath and fury. If there ever existed exemplars of certain psychological states, he is the pure embodiment of the power of anger.

He grew up in a nice family and he always had what he needed whether it was clothes, food or stuff for schooling. His family wasn't rich, but his parents made enough to get by with occasionally getting a nice TV or fridge when the old ones hit the scrap heaps. Though investing in an expensive fridge or TV when the old ones broke is really properly classed as a 'luxury', to him and his family these were luxuries. He had a younger brother and though they were similar in certain aspects, they were near polar opposites. He just clicked with the schooling system and though he was well above the average level of intelligence he never pushed himself to grow academically. Partially to the fact that he was bullied for it in his years of schooling and because he was an under-achiever and lazy. His brother never agreed with the whole concept of schools. Overall, his life was pretty good even though he would grumble and moan when he wasn't allowed to go and hang out with his friends or his Dad wouldn't buy him an update game console.

But then it all changed. It might have been expected but no one would expect the mildly shy, semi-quiet, overweight smart boy to turn out like he did. But then again no-one expected the world to come to an abrupt end like it did. Shit hit the fan on a massive scale. All the governments and local authorities lost control of the populaces. How this was caused, no-one knows. Speculations are that a secret group had spent decades undermining and infiltrating the governments and what-not. Others just say that the leaders just gave up on serving the people and started to serve themselves. The democracy we lived in turned into a gang based anarchy, where the only rules were an eye for an eye and anything goes.

Anyway back to him. His change was just as quick as the upturn of the society. What caused it? Well I personally believe that is was partially her fault. She showed up one day from another town in the area. I could see at first that he was hesitant when ever they engaged in conversation. He's like that, well he used to be anyway. After a while they became friends, sharing a lot of striking similarities. Then she was jumping around on a few other guys. dating one guy after the other. All of them have one thing in common with each other. They were all asswipes, the scum of humanity, the final dredges out of the barrel of available men. Once they disappeared of the face of the earth ending their so called relationship with her, she would come sulking back to him and pour her heart out on his shoulder time after time. I think it all started then. She pushed the small little speck of dirt the began rolling down the hill that has now turned into the giant boulder of destruction that he is. I gave him a friendly heads up about where what she would do to him. He acknowledged my concern, assuring me that my prediction would not happen. I believed him. He showed us both that he was wrong. They ended up dating for a year. Though I could see he was happy, I could see that she had a separate agenda. She pulled the, 'I see you as a better friend that anything else' trick over his eyes. He took it like a champ.
Smiling every day, smiling his dead smile, laughing his empty laugh, flashing his dead eyes. He then did an unexpected thing. He simply stopped existing. Though he was still there every day, he just wasn't there. It was like he just dumped all of his emotions off at the dump and simply moved on.

Oh, I forgot to mention. The collapse of society happened halfway through his relationship. I think that the break up plus the break down of society snapped something very deep within him. Haha break up and down. Gee I crack myself up sometimes. Hmm pardon that.

I was there when it happened the first time. The first time he broke, well not broke, more like shattered or exploded.
There was a few of us, maybe around 7 or 8 sitting in a room in our old school, smoking and drinking. He was sitting opposite me and she was there as well, sitting off to the left of me. He was sitting next to his best buddy. We were all pretty loud and the others bar myself, him and his buddy were pretty drunk at that point. She had brought one of her 'friends' along. Fuck he was annoying and obnoxious. Anyway, someone cracked a crude joke. A couple of the guys there were known for their wicked sense of humour, so naturally the rest of us were all laughing hesitantly to not anger the drunkards but the strangest thing happened. He started howling with laughter and nearly fell of his chair. We were all taken back. He had never laughed at something like that before, it wasn't his style. Once he calmed down enough to clearly see everyone again, he looked around at us and shrugged.

The idiot she brought along said something that I can't recall because I was intently focusing on him. Everyone started talking again and everything went back to what it was before. Then it happened. That moment in time. She turned around with her friend and started talking in softer tones. I found out what was said after the event. He asked her what was up with other dude, the one that laughed too hard. She told him back, that he was simply her ex-long term rebound boyfriend and that he was pathetic, weak and such a sucker. I suspect that he heard it like he was sitting right next to them. The next guy apparently said that he looks like a real wanker and long stream of profanities followed. As I saw them talking, I noticed him changing. Not physically, but I could tell there was something changing. His head drooped only slightly, as if he had began to nod of to sleep and then woke up suddenly. When his head rose again, he eyes had rolled into his head and his shoulders dropped. I looked at his best mate and motioned for him to come over to me. He jumped over and asked what's up? I simply pointed at his friend. We both saw his eyes come back down and come into focus. I'm not to sure about his friend, but I could tell there was something different about him. He eyes had changed. They weren't empty anymore, they were full. Full of fire and fury. I could see the muscles in his forearms and neck working, contracting and relaxing quickly. From his childhood he had all ways been chubby but during his final years in school, he lost a bit of weight and from his part-time job and his body had strengthened and shaped. So even though he was still a bit flabby around the edges, he could handle himself pretty well.

He stood up, turned and slammed his forearm into the wall behind him. The room shook with a dull thud. Mortar and brick pieces were falling from the where his arm had impacted the wall. Everyone had shut up by then. He turned his eyes to her. She was watching him, eyes wide and all he said to her was, "You think I'm pathetic and weak?" She paled rather quickly. He pulled his arm free and leaned into her face and whispered " I'll show you how weak and pathetic I am." He stood, spun, raised a foot and smiled a smile at her I had never seen before on anyone and kicked the guy she had brought square in the chest. We heard bones break and snap as the foot connected. The other guy flew into the wall, slumped to the floor and didn't move. He turned to the rest of us. He locked a stare with her that could have made a blood frenzied bull back down. Suffice to say, she screamed and bolted out of the room. He then turned and simply looked at myself and his buddy, with the same dead pan expression he had worn for months. We all left that place immediately, leaving him there, sitting in a chair next to the dead body of the other guy, smiling ear to ear.

That was 5 years ago and this is the first time I've told that story. That rage and fury I saw in his eyes that night, I now see it everyday when I look at him. It's like he went back to the dump, dug through all the emotions he dropped off back there and only found one. He had found anger. He lives for anger, he IS anger. It doesn't take much to set him off these days. One wrong look or one small thing and he looses it, big time. I've seen him kill a man over something as trivial as sitting in his seat, especially his favourite seat and I'll see him do it many more times.

-------------------------------------------------

Now you may say, "Why the hell are you telling me all this shit about some angry dude for? I don't give a fuck!" and here is my answer for you.
You are sitting in his seat. His favourite seat
© Copyright 2012 Aresay (aresay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1881554-Avatars-of-Emotion