*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1882838-UFOs-and-the-US-Government
Rated: · Other · Mystery · #1882838
This is just a short formal essay I wrote in my spare time. I hope you enjoy it!
UFO’s and the Government




                   UFO’s have been long reported throughout human history, but the US government did not get involved until the Roswell incident of 1947. Since then, the government has been very “hush-hush” about incidents where an Unidentified Flying Object is seen in our skies. There can be many reasons for this, but there is one that makes the most sense.

                   Most people believe that the first incident of UFO’s in North America was Roswell, but in fact, we have to go five years prior to find something even more spectacular. Does The Battle of LA ring a bell for you? It probably does, but you think it is a movie. Well, it is, but it was based off an event that happened on February 25th, 1942, where an Unidentified Flying Object was caught on radar off the coast of Southern California. With Pearl Harbor still fresh in the minds of the military, a craft approaching the biggest city on the Pacific Coast was something to get alarmed about. At 3:17 a.m. that morning, over 1,400 anti-aircraft shells were fired at this object, which lasted for about an hour.

                   Plenty say that the incident was a mistaken aircraft, or even the classic weather balloon excuse. How did 1,400 shells, weighing 12.8 pounds each, miss that craft for over an hour? Surely the military has better training than that. Even worse, the government used the weather balloon excuse after that, similar to the incident in Roswell.  Ever since then, the government has been keeping things classified. This brings us to now. Sure, every government around the world has to have some things kept secret, for the safety of the nation and its people, but if something is affecting people worldwide, and there is evidence out there to support the extra-terrestrial claim, why keep it a secret? Don’t the people of the world have the right to know? There are a few possible explanations for that.

                   First, there are no actual extra-terrestrials (or very few), just aircraft that governments around the world are developing and testing for their military, and they really have to keep things top secret in case other world powers get their hands on them. Fair enough, if you have something that is superior to your counterpart, you don’t want that information to get to the enemy. Another possible explanation, and this is the most far out there one, is that after the Battle of LA, extra-terrestrials contacted the US government about Earth visitations, and an agreement was made that allowed UFO’s to be kept from the public for whatever reason. This one is a little farfetched, but anything is possible.

T          he final and most plausible theory, is that the US government still doesn’t know what’s going on, so they have bases like Area 51 (which they still deny exists, but you can search it on Google Earth) and Wrights-Patterson in Ohio to research and develop better understanding of extra-terrestrials. This would explain the extraction of materials at crash sites and why everything is very quiet when someone brings up the topic of UFO’s. It would be in the government’s best interest to solve as much of the mystery as possible before releasing information to the public, thus eliminating mass panic. However in a sane, civilized society, that would not happen. In fact, we would welcome it with open arms.

         All we need is for the governments to come out and admit everything they know about extra-terrestrials, because in the age of cellphone and iPod cameras, the evidence that something other than ourselves is in the skies, is overwhelming. The time is now, for the world to know, what really is going on.

© Copyright 2012 Truth Seeker (eziotrollitore at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1882838-UFOs-and-the-US-Government