*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1885497-A-Proposition-of-Force
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Fantasy · #1885497
Chieftain to the Night-crawlers seeks the formation of an alliance with men.
General,
My eyes are weary as the light fades from day. The sun -- so precise in its trajectory beyond the horizon -- has no problem with changing its hue in hopes of obfuscating my sight of the world around me.
But I am a night-crawler.
We have been toiling for weeks now, responding to invasion and ambush. Many times, we have sound the ancient Call -- but none come to our aid. Though it pains my heart, I have full understanding of why we fight these skirmishes in solitude.
We come in peace and aid, despite our ominous name. Don't let the old fables drive you away -- we, once more, come in peace and aid. Which, judging by the marauders that parade freely through the town, you could use.
My proposition is this. We are both suffering from the blight that is sleepless chaos. You sleep at night, we at day. You are attacked by bandits during the night, we by the day. It’s maddening, but we have fate and numbers by our side. The stars are aligned, and we can reap the benefits of security and protection from another.
In the past, I will admit, we have been less than accommodating. We were responsible for a few deaths over the years -- and for that, we have wronged you. Let us repay what cannot be repaid by aiding you during this time, and forge brotherhood during this time of turmoil.
Several of your people have been migrating to our lands, and I have done the best I can to ensure they receive a proper welcome. Sentiments of my people range wildly, but they have trust in me. I have proven myself to them in the times that matter most, and they return with their undying support. I am not one to capitalize on fear and insecurity, but this attitude is key in forging our brotherhood. All I ask is for as many men as you are willing to give during the day, and I will return with a crawler and a half rounded to the next crawler at night. No questions asked. All services rendered.
The night has come, and I have little more time to devote to this letter. I hope it reaches you well, and we can come to some sort of agreement to align our forces in a measure of adhesion. I was raised by a couple from a village south of you, and they taught me the many intricacies of communication among men. I think it is high time for our peoples to work together, and form an alliance of force to communicate to the heathen and blood-traitor -- we are not to be assailed and plundered.
To your health, your people's health, and the health of our relations, munZanadae!
Krenzai're
Chieftain of the Everwood Night-crawlers
In haste: we are being attacked! I have sound the alarm, and sent my fastest messenger. Please, come to our aid as we will to yours. Blessings, Krenzai’re
© Copyright 2012 Luke Rian (horseloverfat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1885497-A-Proposition-of-Force