*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1886868-Defeating-carnality-through-Jesus-Christ
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Spiritual · #1886868
A short discourse sin and the freedom that lies in Jesus Christ alone.
Romans 7:14
For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnel, sold under sin.
-
We are all slaves to sin. Whatever sin we commit, or whatever evil habit our hearts are prone to is what entraps us. The pervert is a slave to lust. The theif is a slave to robbery. The liar is a slave to deciet.
_______

Romans 7:15"For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that I do.
17"Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18"For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
21"I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22"For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23"But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
5"For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
-

We see and understand that absolutes like selfless love, mercy and truth are good and righteous. We delight in such things, and rejoice in them. We rejoice in them, although we are unable to perform them of our own will. For when God has allowed us to act selflessly, speak truth, or show mercy, there is evil present. The sin that defiled our soul. Making the pursuit of the things we rejoice in a fleeting stag that we can't quite grasp. We want to do what is right and what is good, but we are unable to because of the law of sin, to which we are slaves, clouds our minds, blinds our eyes, and darkens our hearts and understanding. Eventually leading and causing spiritual, emotional, and eventually, physical death.
________

The Lord God Almighty, Our Savior says in
Luke 6:45
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

The Lord God Almighty, Our Savior says in
Matthew 15:11, 18-20
11"Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
18"But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
19"For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
20"These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.
-
The law of sin that were born into defiles our heart with every sort of wickedness imaginable. This effects every aspect of our three-fold lives (Spiritual, Emotional/Soul, Physical). The effects of sin are evident and present with everything we do. Because our heart is defiled, our speech is defiled causing sub-concious 'confessions' when we talk. There's reoccuring themes in everyones speech that testifies of our guilt. Whatever the sin may be. Our guilt is obvious to us, so depending on who we are and what we've done, we find justifications, or excuses for it. Which becomes our pattern of behavior and speech. Humans do not like to admit they are wrong. For we know that the sin we've done will cause death and to acknowledge our sin, would be spiritual suicide because there's nothing we can do to clean ourselves.
________

Matthew 3:1-2"In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judea, And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Psalm 51:17"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
Matthew 3:8" Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
3:11" I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
3:6" And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.
-
We cannot clean ourselves. Our only hope is to repent for the evil we've done, and come to God for his mercy. True repentance comes from a contrite heart. Until our sin breaks us, and the full realization of what we've done comes to us and breaks our heart we are entraped by our own evil. True repentance can be seen through a change of actions. We make restitution. We sacrifice. But we are not capable of doing this on our own, because of the law of sin that rules us. When we are broken over what we've done and confess to the Lord, he will have mercy, forgive us, and give us his Holy Spirit which enables us to do the things that we were not able to do. It enables us to wash our minds through the Word and to be able to put into practice the things that we were never able to grasp. But it isn't we that do it, it's Jesus Christ that lives through us, through his Holy Spirit, that enables and empowers.

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
© Copyright 2012 Antihero (antihero at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1886868-Defeating-carnality-through-Jesus-Christ