*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1888783-Just-a-Dance
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Entertainment · #1888783
Read it to understand written for a class paper mostly true
Sitting outside with a book in my hand, a shift occurs in the air. I look up to notice the sky had grown a dark gray. I had not noticed the light darkening as i tried to stay engrossed in the story and still talk to my sweetheart. He makes it difficult to stay focussed on the story. A small dark circle appears on the soft gray of the porch step. Then another appears in a different spot. And another. And another.
Suddenly, the earth is being hit with thousands of water droplets. My face lifhts up like a child's on Christmas morning. I glance over at my sweetheart and stay still for a total of two seconds to listen to the outside world. The steady thrum of my heart quickens with the unsteasy splash of the earth. I calmly and slowly set the book aside, but with a quick push to my feet, i am out from the safe cover of the porch. I barely feel the first drop, as i carefully but quickly walk across the driveway of rocks. SNAP! CRACKLE! BOOM! My smile widens at the sound.
© Copyright 2012 candace (cancankyky9697 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1888783-Just-a-Dance