*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1889128-CRITICAL-THINKING
by AD
Rated: · Article · Other · #1889128
Prioritizing is imperative for success in life. Critical thinking helps....
CRITICAL THINKING

Definition of Critical Situation
Factors that have contributed to the situation becoming critical
Possible alternatives to counter such factors
Evaluate probabilities of such alternatives
Take decision on course of action

ABSTRACT
The starting point in Critical thinking is to believe (or assume) that the situation in question is a lost cause! In all probabilities, there is no solution, hence advance planning should be done with the assumption that the said situation will prevail, and cannot be controlled.
This mindset sets us mentally free, and enhances the brain’s ability to think more logically, thereby drastically improving the quality of decision on the final course of action.

Definition of Critical Situation

Every tight situation cannot be critical. A situation can be said to be critical when the expected result is disastrous. The end is inevitable. There can be no specific definition, because different people think differently, possess different capabilities and perceive a same situation differently. So, each individual has to define for himself whether a given situation is critical or not. The underlying guiding principle for such decision is that the result of the said situation is disastrous and inevitable.

Factors that have contributed to the situation becoming critical

Once a situation has been defined as critical, then one needs to assess all the factors that have contributed to such a situation having been arisen, in the first place. Here, the basic rule is unbiased thinking. This is time for honest introspection and self criticism. It may please be noted that unless a person is able to rise above this level of self realization, he will be unable to make genuine efforts for self improvement. As a result, the process of critical thinking cannot proceed.

Possible alternatives to counter such factors

Such alternative solutions can come to mind only when the above self realization is achieved. Usually, such alternative solutions will have every low probability for success. But before one gets de-motivated, he should remember that in the first place he is fighting for a lost cause. So, initially there was no remedy. However, these alternative solutions are in the form of a ‘ray of hope’. Always be positive and look at brighter side of things. Even if there is low possibility of success, yet it is worthwhile to give it a shot! At least ‘I won’t give up without a fight’.




Evaluate probabilities of such alternatives

Among the low probabilities of each alternative, one should assess the maximum probability alternative. Here, again, there can be no specific definition or procedure, because different people think differently, possess different abilities and see a same situation with different perceptions. So, one should analyze one’s own capabilities, judge his or her self-confidence, and accordingly evaluate the various available possibilities.

Take decision on course of action

Having evaluated the best option, then one should go ahead with the implementation of the same. In such cases, the confidence level of success is probably going to be NIL, but one should proceed with undeterred motivation, and give his best shot. You never know what a human brain is capable of! Although there is no guarantee of succeeding, but nothing on this planet is impossible. So, implement your decision with complete positive attitude, and hope for the best.
© Copyright 2012 AD (anup1072 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1889128-CRITICAL-THINKING