*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1891703-Escaping-Vio
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Scorch
Rated: 18+ · Other · Horror/Scary · #1891703
the Flood have reached earth, now UNSC marines must fight for their lives.
The sky was choked with smoke as the sun beat down on the UNSC Marines loacted on the eastern defensive line of Vio, every few seconds smaller suns bloomed as the battle in Earth's orbit raged.

Staff Sergeant Jake White stood with his squad overlooking the battle field, one of many that covered the Earth. The Covenant, called Covies by the marines, had just finished making a push to ry and get into the city but they ahd been repeled at a heavy cost to the marines and the Covies as well.
SSgt. White moved down the line making sure the other squads where in position for the next attack.

He looked across the fieled to where the Phantom dropships were droping off more Covie troops, that was as close as they would come do the anti-air guns the marines had in place.

Suddenly there was a bright flash in the sky as a slipspace rubture opened above the city, all the marines eyes turned heaven ward as a Covie Cruiser exited and flew over the city, crashing somwhere near the middle of the city.

"what the hell was that<' one of the Mariens said.
"It was a cruiser, didnt you pay attention in basic?" another said.
"I know that, but that one looked....off, and why did it crash?" the first marine said.
Before anyone could anser the whine of Covie plasma weapons was heard from across the feild and the mearines prepared for the attack, but the Covie werent firing at them, they were firing behind them. the Phantoms swung their large guns around and begain to rain plasma down upon the unseen enamy.

"now what the hell is going on with them?" the marine that spoke earlier said as the fire got more frantic and the Covie forces beagin to run toward the UNSC line firing behind them.

"LOOK ALIVE MARINS HERE THEY COME!" SSGT. White yelled as he checked the magizen of his MA5B assult rifle and headed for his squad.
he reached them just as he heard a marine yell over the sqaud mike "Holy shit what the hell are those thing behind them!?"

White stoped and looked at the line of covies, somthing was chasing them and what ever it was was pushing them agisnt the UNSC line. He could hear as the gun emplacments opened up on the covies, followed by the rest of the line.

Seuddenly a scream went over the radio and frantic gunfire came from the left flank of the line.
"WHERE THE HELL THEY COME FROM?"
"WHAT ARE THEY?"
"What the hell did it do to Jones...Makes? Stay back!
he heard more and more frantic gun fire and watched as small balloon looking things decened upn the marines. He stared at the flack as he saw shapes in what looked like UNSC fatiges attacking the squads over there.
"something wrong. "he told Corporal Allester, his second as his squad got into postion to defend from the covies and this new threat.

The covies seemed to be ignoring the marines and focusing on this new threat, he saw olive colored clothes mixed in with the covie all firing in the same direction.

"SARGE LOOK OUT!" Privat Melin yelled as soemthing that looked like it used to me a Covie Elite landed a few feet from him and charged. White raised his rifle and fire, nearly cuting the thing in half with the short burst.

White opened his mouth to say somthing when a scream caused himself to whip around with his rifle up.
one of the white balloons had landed on Melin and he...started to change, his flesh bulged in some places and riped through his unifom as his size double and then he tacked Allister, jaming the barrle of his assult rifle into his nack and pulling the trigger.

Melin was taken down by a compination of fir from White, Private first class Dunten and Privat Gronlen.
"what the hell? was that?" Grolen asked looking scared, he was just a few weeks out of boot when the covies found earth.
"i dont know but we should fall back. "White said as he looked around, the UNSC line was coming aprt as these thinggs...these monster seemed to turn their own forces aginst them.
The remains of his squaad turned to fall abck witht he rest of the eastern line when more of the mosters decended on them, a mixture of humana nd covies. White couldnt focuse on his men as it was all he could do to stay alive himself.

the fight lasted just a few second but when it was over he found both PFC Dunten and Pvt. Gronlen dead.

Before he could collect their dog tags more of the monster attack him and drove him back from their bodies...

SSgt. White fired controled bursts from his MA5B as he despretly tryed to stay alive agist the swinging tentacles and flying bullets from what used to me other mariens.

then suddenly all at once he was no longer being attacked and was nowehre near where is squad had died.

To Be Continued....
© Copyright 2012 Scorch (scorch21500 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1891703-Escaping-Vio