*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1892747-REVENGE-SO-SWEET-Chapter-1-excerpt
Rated: 18+ · Novella · Action/Adventure · #1892747
An excerpt of my recent novella Revenge So Sweet

CHAPTER 1


Rick Vanellie was sitting at his desk, counting his recent collection. He could hear heavy footsteps coming down the hallway, when all of a sudden, the office door burst open. It was Jimmy Boy. He looked like he had seen a ghost.
"Um… um… um… Mr. Vanellie, sir, I got some news you might want to hear."
Mr. Vanellie looked up from the stacks of bills with a look of anguish. "Well now, get on with it. I don't have all day. Especially now that I have to start over, since you made me lose count. Like I said, get on with it, Jimmy Boy."
Jimmy Boy gathered his composure. "Remember that fighter we bagged about six months ago? Well, it turns out we didn't get the job done. He has been in a coma since then and it was just on the news that he woke up."
Mr. Vanellie sat there, giving Jimmy Boy a unreadable stare. "You interrupted me for that? Some fool has been in a coma for six months and you're worried? What are the chances he will remember anything? Hell, he's probably half brain dead. Besides, there is no way he ever saw it coming. Therefore, he couldn't have a clue who bagged his ass anyway. Now, get the hell out of my office before I have your ass bagged, and you won't end up in a coma. Now go!"
Jimmy Boy left as quickly as he had arrived. No one wants to be on Mr. Vanellie's bad side. Being the biggest mob boss around, if he had a problem with someone, he had them "taken care of". After leaving the office, Jimmy Boy went to go find Big Grey. He was one of the toughest guys he had ever met, outside of Mr. Vanellie. Big Grey had his share of fights in the cage and he was one hell of a fighter. Mr. Vanellie liked what he had seen Big Grey do in the cages so much that he hired him to be his personal body guard. Jimmy Boy had to tell him, he would want to hear this news.
Jimmy Boy couldn't get over the fact that Mr. Vanellie wasn't the least bit disturbed by the news. He knows that they took the proper precautions so none of them could be identified. But what if just what if they failed? What if the precautions they took weren't good enough?
"Oh fucking lord! What if he does know who bagged him? What if he knows what else we done? Oh fuck!" Jimmy Boy said as he came to a crashing halt.
"Whoa, what the hell is going on here? What’s the hurry little Jimmy Boy?"
"Um uh, I uh um"
"Well, spit it out, Jimmy Boy."
It took him a few seconds to realize that he spaced out while running out of Mr. Vanellie's office. He had run right into Zeus, Mr. Vanellie's head hunter.
"Sorry, sir. I just heard some news I thought the boss would like to know about."
"Did you already tell him? If not, you're going the wrong way," Zeus said, cutting him off.
"Well, yes, I did. He told me to hurry up and get out if his office, so I took off running."
"Yea, you ran right into me, you punk ass little bastard."
"Um, sorry about that."
"Yea, yea, yea, sure ya are. Now, you mind telling me what it was you said as you ran into me? I didn't quite hear it all."
As Jimmy Boy told him about the news, Zeus didn't seem too concerned either. He told him that the fighter is probably not feeling so lucky to have survived. As bad as they had worked him over, his life will never be the same.
"Shit, Jimmy Boy! Don't you realize that he will probably have to learn everything all over again? How to talk, hell if he's lucky, how to walk again. Damn, he probably can't even wipe his own ass." Zeus said as he broke out laughing hysterically.
"Well, I'm glad you guys aren't worried about it but I can't help but be nervous. Now, if you don't mind, I need to find Big Grey. Have you seen him?"
"Boy, you are a dumb one if you have to ask that question. There are only three places he could be. If it's not beside the boss, then it's either at the bar or banging some whore. Take your pick."
"Well, I was hoping you might know exactly."
"Good luck, Jimmy Boy. By the way, he ain't going to care about the news either." Zeus gave him a hard pat on the shoulder and walked off, laughing.
Big Grey was sitting at the Main Street Bar having his usual Jack and Coke; light on the Coke, heavy on the Jack. He had been watching this gorgeous blond from across the bar. He was thinking about seeing how many drinks it would take to get her to lose some clothes. It was only sixteen minutes past six o'clock, he had plenty of time to try. Well, at least that's what he thought.
"Excuse me, sir, I need to have a word with you."
Big Grey turned around as an unknown man quickly approached with his hand tightened into a fist.
"And just who the hell might you be, dumb ass?" Big Grey asked as he stood up in front of the man.
The man took a step back. Big Grey was a little bigger than he had expected.
"Well, you going to tell me who you are, or not? Either way, you done made a mistake."
"My name is not important. What is important is that we do have a problem. I saw you with my girlfriend last night. And I came here to tell you that you better stay the hell away from her."
"Is that so? You must be talking about that red head. Yea, she was a good fuck."
"You son of a bitch!" the man said as he delivered a blow to Big Grey's gut.
Big Grey took the blow like it was nothing. Being the boss's personal bodyguard, he kept himself in top notch shape. He is solid muscle, looking like he was chiseled out of stone. Big Grey looked at the man and shook his head.
"Is that all you got? I hope not or this isn't going to be any fun."
Today would be the unknown man’s lucky day. Right as Big Grey grabbed the man, Jimmy Boy came running up to him.
"Big Grey, we need to talk. I got some important news you need to hear."
"It better be very important. I was about to make this guy regret waking up today."
"I believe it is. Besides, it doesn't look like he would be much of a challenge for ya," Jimmy Boy said with a chuckle.
Big Grey let the man go and told him if he knew what was best, he would get the hell out of there. If he was still there when he got done talking to Jimmy Boy, he would be lucky to see tomorrow. The guy took off running as soon as he let him go, leaving behind a warm puddle of piss that had run down his leg.
Jimmy Boy had finished filling Big Grey in on the news. To his surprise, Big Grey had already heard about the fighter waking up out of the coma. Even more to his surprise, was to find out that Big Grey had known all along that they didn't get the job done. He continued to tell Jimmy Boy that the reason no one had found out sooner, was because the news reports called him by his name, Morgan K. Wright. Not his fighting name, Kane.
"Jesus Christ! Why did you not tell us this sooner? We could have made sure he never came out of the coma." Jimmy Boy slammed his fist into the table.
"Seriously! You think the boss would have taken the time to deal with him? I know we have contacts that could have gotten to him in the hospital. But come on, what were the chances of him surviving? What are the chances anything is even going to come out of this?" Big Grey was looking at Jimmy Boy, waiting for a reply.
"I don't know. I just have a bad feeling about this."
"Come on now. Even if something were to come up, you know damn good and well that we would take care of it. For good this time."
"Well, yea, I know we would take care of it. It's just that this has never happened before. We normally don't have anyone survive a bagging."
"Come on now, Jimmy Boy, have a few drinks and relax." Big Grey said as he motioned for the waitress.
"You know, Big Grey, you’re probably right. I should just relax."
When the waitress arrived, Big Grey ordered another Jack and Coke and Jimmy Boy got whatever beer they had on tap. The two of them shot the shit and had a few more drinks. Jimmy Boy hadn't felt this relaxed since he heard the news. He was actually starting to have fun again.
"Tell me something, Big Grey." Jimmy Boy was looking at him with a very serious look.
"Yea, what is it?"
"Should we tell the twins?"
Big Grey looked at Jimmy Boy and started to laugh.
"What? What's so funny?"
"I was hoping you were done with all that. But to answer your question, no, we don't need to tell the others."
"I just thought that maybe the twins would like to hear the news."
"Come on, Jimmy Boy, let it go already. Besides, they probably don't even remember bagging Kane," Big Grey had paused for a minute. "You know what you need?"
"No, what's that?" Jimmy Boy looked confused.
"You need to get a couple of hot ass whores, take them home and fuck them until you’re raw. Yea, that's what you need. Then you'll forget all about this."
"Well, I don't know if that will work but it sure does sound like fun. I might just have to do that."
They finished off their drinks and called it a night.

To read more of Revenge So Sweet you can find it at Amozons Kindle store.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009CKRNZ4
© Copyright 2012 J. A. Cunningham (jacunningham at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1892747-REVENGE-SO-SWEET-Chapter-1-excerpt