*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1895660-Nightmare-Through-The-Woods
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by lauric
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Other · #1895660
diving deeper into the woods of the nightmare
It feels like i have been stuck within this place for eternity. The same course of events taking place every time I awaken to find the dying grass and gray sky. I follow the urge that pushes me forward into the forgotten forest frozen in time. There i face the assault of voices that plague my mind. Driving my madness which causes me to flee for what i feel is my salvation. Whatever it may be past the trees within the clearing ahead. I can never reach it no matter how hard i try. The breathe leaves my body. My visions enter the abysmal darkness then again i awaken where i first began. How many more times will i die before something is different? Honestly i am not sure if it is death that i am experiencing yet that reasoning seems to bring me a form of comfort. Here i am again where i first began. Knowing the events that will occur. Though the want to move forward is ever so strong i sit and ponder. I ponder on what i can do differently to make the outcome new than another death. Once more i rise and the same journey forward. The dead trail of grass following me as before growing with every step i take. Again i find myself within the forest my breathing becoming short and sharp. The voices return swirling around me once more. I can feel the dread inside me pleading for me to run, to escape this forest and reach the clearing ahead. Yet this time i do not run i stand still and listen. The voices that once sounded like the roar of a great storm begins to clear up. I can hear them telling me to turn back, run, and leave. Suddenly i catch a whisper among the bellows of woe. Softly it tells me to walk left, then right, continue forward and more instruction followed. I notice the trees sway even though no breeze can be found. Their barren branches bend and lean as if pointing the way. I continue forward ignoring the pleas for me to run and turn away. My breathing begins to become more forced. At times i find myself choking due to the difficulty to breathe i am experiencing Slowly my eyes begin to haze and things become blurred. It is happening once again yet everything seems different. No longer do i hear the voices swirling around me. All that remains is that once voice which showed me guidance.. I can hear it whispering softly in my ear. Telling me to go forward. That i am almost there. I feel heavy but i move onward. My body refusing to move trying to restrain me from continuing forward. Forcing myself i feel my feet that seem made of stone now stir. Closer and closer i see the edge coming. Harder and harder it gets for my body to function. Finally i reach the edge and collapse onto the other side with relief. Breathing still proves difficult and my vision slowly succumbing to the darkness. I see a hand extend towards me. It takes all my might to look at the person it belongs to. All i find is a face. His black eyes looking at me as if seeing my soul. His smile sinister yet warm with his dagger teeth. He seems familiar to me. Quickly i grasp his hand before losing myself once did i find? Who was that? The answer is simple i found myself.
© Copyright 2012 lauric (solisalex24 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1895660-Nightmare-Through-The-Woods