*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1895949-The-One-eyed-Dragon-Chapter-1
Rated: E · Chapter · Fanfiction · #1895949
Hally got stuck in ancient Japan and fell in love with Date Masamune, Oshuu's warlord
This is a Sengoku Basara fanfiction. But whether you're in the fanbase or not, you should still be able to understand/enjoy this story :)

(Words in italics/slant is spoken in Engrish. Underlines are spoken in Japanese. Words in normal font are spoken in that character's mother tongue)

Prologue
Year 1588 Japan

"Masamune-sama! What are you doing out there? It's pouring!" Kojuuro yelled over the storm from the porch holding a torch. He was dumbfounded, catching Masamune standing under the heavy rain, staring up at the sky, seemingly dazed. It's about 2am! What the hell was he doing up this late?

"Did you see it?" Masamune asked casually, almost unheard over the storm. Eyes still fixated above, his white yukata all soaked.

Kojuuro frown with even more confusion as he searched the stormy sky. He saw nothing but lightning and black sky. He looked back at Masamune, all wet and dazed, and sighed in exasperation. Keeping up with his lord's eccentricities was becoming exhausting. "Masamune-sama! Please come back inside! You will catch a cold!"

Date Masamune turned towards Kojuuro, glancing at the sky for the last time. "It's gone now. You missed it", he said in slight frustration. Walking back towards his retainer, his eyes narrowed in thought.

"I'm very sure you were just dreaming. And if you ever thought you saw something in the sky again, looking through the window should suffice in a storm."

"It's not a dream, Kojuuro. Someone will be coming tomorrow..." He stopped and turned his head sideways towards the retainer. "Be prepared." Walking past Kojuuro, he trailed rainwater all the way to his room.

Kojuuro rubbed his temples, sighed and headed in to get a towel. Maybe he should stop Masamune from drinking too much sake at night...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1: Time Portal
Year 2012 America

I was having the worst day of my life today... Dean broke up with me because I accidentally killed his cat. It was the worse fight we ever had. 3 years of our relationship, gone just like that. Over a stupid cat... I curled up on the couch, too traumatized to even shed a tear.

But I knew we were already falling apart. Slowly but surely, Dean was slipping away from me as time goes by. It just wasn't fair, especially when I looked back at how happy we were.

My self pity was interrupted when, Arnold, my childhood friend walked in with a strange sleek machine. He just stood at the front door that was open and grinned. It was that grin that had me worried at times. It means he was going to go all 'lab rat' on me with his inventions which usually ends up horribly. The last time, he flashed me with a blinding light which was supposedly for wiping out my memory. I suffered from temporary blindness instead that lasted 3 hours.

"Not now, Arnold.." I sighed and rubbed my forehead.

He noticed my distress and his grin faltered slightly, "Fought with Dean again?"

"Scruffy dies from strawberries... Cute huh?" I snorted.

"Oh you didn't know?" he said casually and looked at the plate of strawberries on the table. Arnold didn't like cats so he was unfazed by the death of that adorable furball.

"I'm never told... How did you know?"

"I thought it's something that Dean would tell everyone. I mean, he just won't shut up about that cat. Loved it more than he ever loved you." He looked at the foam on the floor. Scruffy was last seem foaming in the mouth at that spot. Arnold must have already guessed. "I think he's never going to forgive you for this..."

My heart cringed and I glared at him. "Wow thanks a lot Arnold. That makes me feel so much better!"

"C'mon, I know what will cheer you up" he held up his cylindrical device and turned it on, emmiting a dull buzzing of energy. He keyed in some words and toggled a switch, generating a louder buzz. I stare fearfully at it, expecting the worse based on previous experiences with Arnold's gadgets. This one looks similar to the gun from "Portal". That was his favourite game, it's no surprised he designed it like that.

"No! I'm not gonna be part of your experiment again! I'm not in the mood for hospital food"

"But It's a time & travel portal gun! Noticed the "&"? Meaning it also changes your coordinates! It's dual function! This time it'll work, I swear.And hey, if you're so worried I'll go first okay" he shot out a purple ray towards the wall, causing me to squeal and await some form of explosion. Instead, the wall formed some sort of spiral pattern with an aura of energy surrounding it. The purple portal is formed and still spiraling as if it would suck anything that goes near it.

Arnold stepped confidently forward towards the purple energy "Arnold! If you die-"

"Trust me it's fine! Look, I'll come back alive with souvenirs from Japan 500 years ago! Just wait and see" he stepped inside before I could say anything and the spiral projected forward and enveloped him. Suddenly, it started pulling everything in and I screamed as the strong force sucked me into the portal. Everything was so fast that I didn't have a chance to resist, in just a second I find myself surrounded by blinding white light. My body felt suspended in the air, floating. My ears were ringing, the pressure in my head increasing. I started blacking out the moment I couldn't breathe. And then blackness...

I woke up with a start, feeling someone shaking the living daylights out of me. It was that stupid Arnold that sucked me into this mess... Literally. "Hally wake up! You need to explain to these people not to kill us!"

We were surrounded by spears and swords pointed at our heads, wielded by Japanese soldiers clad in blue. Their leader, I assume, stood out among them with a long crescent moon on his helmet and an eyepatch on his right eye. His small remaining eye glared intensely at me with it's grey hue, causing me to cringe.

"Who do you serve, Americans?" the leader questioned us with a deep slurred tone. The last English word surprised me a little. Luckily I learned Japanese, or else me and Arnold would be dead for sure. Well I'm not sure if we're still being spared even if I could communicate with them. But I knew this man, at least I've read about him, the one-eyed warlord with the crescent moon on his helmet. Date Masamune, an admirable historian who was very influential during this time. So it matters a lot who he is now, we need him to not think we're threats.

"We're not enemies" I spoke in Japanese. "We're simply... tourists that got lost" I sound unconvincing. I was never a smooth liar, even if my life depended on it now. I can see that they didn't buy it. "Okay fine, we're from the future, we traveled back 500 years from the future," I felt stupid saying that, although every bit was true.

He seemed to ponder for a minute, this seems more believable to him, given that the futuristic looking portal device was still with us, along with the couch and the lamp... and everything from the living room, actually. Everything got sucked into that portal. The men were curiously looking at my furnitures but never lowering their weapons. Masamune kept his eyes on me, full or curiousity and seemingly lacking surprise.

The warlord smirked amusedly "Future huh?" he turned around on his horse, his back to us, "Bring them in as guests and carry their objects into their rooms. I have a fight to settle before dealing with these... "tourists".." and just like that he rode off with the rest of the soldiers, leaving behind 6 men to escort us and carry our things to a... castle, I assume?

The sudden kind treatment was very unexpected. At least we weren't going to be executed. And the best scenario I expected was imprisonment. But it oddly seemed like Mr. Masamune here was expecting us all along. I wonder why...

TO BE CONTINUED


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author's note: needed to add the prologue, because I felt that the start of Chapter 1 is ill fitting for a start of this fanfiction. Gonna start editing everything here soon. It's all a big bundle of mess called words. Even playing scrabble is less frustrating than reading this. Stay with me, kay? Or not... oh well.. :(





© Copyright 2012 Raspberry_vineyard09 (violetvienna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1895949-The-One-eyed-Dragon-Chapter-1