*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1896101-A-days-eye
Rated: ASR · Prose · Fantasy · #1896101
Shellie is the protagonist. This flashback sets up the entire novel plot in a way.
"Darkie!" Shellie ran down the sidewalk leading to the park. Darkie is her best friend. They did everything together.

"Hiya there! What should we play today?" Darkie waited. "Oh, it is fun to play in the playground at night when our parents are asleep too."

"How about swinging?" Shellie dislikes the coldness, but there are no bugs biting at night due to the drastic temperature drop. "I agree, this is really fun."

Both of them ran to the swing set and jumped onto a swing. Shellie looked up to see movement on the sidewalk. Five people dressed in white with their faces covered headed in their direction. Her inner self told her they are up to no good. She stopped smiling.

"We better get going," Shellie starts talking.

"Nah, we can talk to them. This is another great part about being out at night."

"Okay, if you say so," Shellie follows Darkie over, staying behind on purpose.

While Darkie talked to them, Shellie examined their features. They looked too strong to do some defensive moves in the matter that they decided to do something. She wanted to run away as fast as possible. Turning her back would not upset her friend at this point as long as those strangers would not mention her.

Shellie turned and started to run away for help. Behind her she could hear screaming. They had her friend and going after her too. Her best chance of escape would be returning back home as soon as she could...
© Copyright 2012 Angelica- Happy May 5th! (dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1896101-A-days-eye