*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1897043-Deception-Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · War · #1897043
The guys just jumped out of their plane that was going to drop them off into Egypt.
         While the doors opened in the back we all jumped I saw a paper fly through the air. My first mistake into the mission. I grabbed it and it was a letter saying about how Patrica said she wasn't happy with me and that we are done with. As I let go of the letter I heard a loud boom. "Guys our mission just got fucked." I yelled.
         Dutch looked pissed "Well we just had a great start to the mission didn't we!"
         I then looked up to see pieces of the plane begin to rain down. "Time to get moving!" Just as I yelled that I watched a piece of shrapnel hit Wolfgang. As I watch in shock I see two pieces of him fall to the ground. Now its Dutch,Ray, and me. After dodging pieces of plane and pulling our 'chutes we searched for Wolfgang's body. By now the mission should've began and we been in and out of Egypt. Instead now we search for a body to take the dog tags off of and continue with a new plan.
         "Hey, found one part of him. Got the tags too!" Out of everyone it was Dutch to find them.
         I called everyone in and started looking at the map. "Guys we are 10 miles under our target zone and we got to get in there and out before sunrise. Check your gear and each other for any wounds. Be ready in 5." I checked my guns and started thinking. That was the second mistake. "Don't think" I said silently to myself. I looked at my watch and saw that 5 minutes passed. "Alright clear heads! We got to start running to the target zone." I hate sounding like a drill instructor but it has to be done. While we run we look at the wreckage. It was a mangled mess. Pieces of the plane were still on fire and as we looked into the cockpit we saw the two pilots. They died on impact it seemed. All we see in Egypt is sand. At first I thought we were going to see nothing and just as we climbed a sand dune there was the base we were to go into.
         "Hey Dutch, Ray. come here." As they walked over I pointed everything out to them as we looked at the base. "To the right that building is the...the armory. The left is their command post and barracks. In the back center is the prisoner and jail and right in front of that is there meal building." I hated looking at base. All I could see was sand and the heat waves. "Alright guys after this dune we need to start sneaking. No more standing straight. Crouch positions" As we climbed that dune I couldn't help but to get the thought they already knew we were there. Just as we reached the peak of it Dutch got shot at. All I knew was I heard a shot and we began to fire down at the base.
         Dutch started screaming "If I see any of your faces I swear...I am going to destroy them until I can no longer see their skulls!" All I thought of then was the mental image of him beating a guy's face into a bloody mess. I grabbed his left shoulder and dragged him back down the dune. I began thinking about Patrica.
         "I need to stop thinking!" I said in my head. I looked as Ray continues fighting and I begin fixing Dutch's left shoulder. I look at him saying "Look, no one else dies from here on out. Do you understand?" He nods at me and I help him up. We rush back to help Ray with getting the enemy.
         "That's ten! ha ha!" Ray said as he blasted a guy's brains across the desert ground. I pull up my sights on a guy. I take a breath and right as I squeeze the trigger Dutch grabs Ray and I. Ray get's pissed "Hey! What do you think you were doing Dutch!"
         "Those are our guys! We can't kill them!" Dutch gets an angry look on his face. I peak over the dune. I look through my binoculars and I can't believe it. US flags on their shoulders.
         "Guys, what the fuck did we do? We just killed American soldiers! Do you know how bad this looks" I then get interrupted by a loud speaker.
© Copyright 2012 Vernon Roman (zombiehall at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1897043-Deception-Chapter-2