*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1898815-Commerical-Faces
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Sehl
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Other · #1898815
Commercial faces walk stretching hallways, lost in thought...
Commercial faces, scrutinized constantly by their beholders and themselves, move suspiciously about stretching hallways analyzing fiercely or caught within some maze of twisted thoughts, ultimately in vain. Their masks tied on tight they play the part to its fullest extent, hiding behind their guise, hoping and dreaming that nobody will notice the strings holding it in place. Two faces with clashing masks recognize each other walking down the same hallway with darting eyes-- quickly one face darts out of sight, morphing with the crowd, heartbeat racing, desperately holding onto that feeble hope that the other had not spotted him... Success! Sigh of relief and mechanical walking continues, mind elsewhere, hallways stretching and never ending, vague forms slither by, unnoticed, unseen, except by me.
I watch, I peer through the corners of my eyes and observe as these commercial faces revel in their animosity, confident of their disregarded association with the collective mass, confident of their invisibility. I'm watching though; I see your emotions, your thoughts, your worries and anxieties, your lust and greed, your guilt and sorrow-- I see all of this written boldly on your face, you pathetic shell, you fake, you actor. I see through your mask, I see those strings, and when I do I cringe and writhe, I cry helplessly in burning anguish because you can be so much more, because this doesn't have to be you, this doesn't have to exist. O if only I could tell you the things I know! If only you could take a moment to crack open that shell, feel the glorious shine of sun and life as you bath in it for the first time; if only you could tear that mask off, take my hand and come with me to the world, to all the wonders and love it brings, to all the adventure and excitement, the knowledge, the diversity and the order, the immaculate significance of it all; if only I could break you free and let you see! Yet, as I think all this, walking down the stretching hallways lost in thought, I wonder to myself: who watches me?
© Copyright 2012 Sehl (sehl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1898815-Commerical-Faces