*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1899450-Doodled-Companions
Rated: E · Other · Dark · #1899450
A flash fiction of twisted sorts.
I sat in class like I do everyday nudging the frayed wire of my spiral bound biology notebook. Withdrawing my digit from its ravishing game of poke the wire it came to rest under my cheek as the other picked up the pen and went to work busily doodling in the side margins of the notebook paper right next to the notes on annelids. I felt my mind begin to wander and knew that my restless brain would find itself in another daydream. The doodles that hid in the lonely margins of the gently worn notebook paper would spring to life and amuse me like the next new hit cartoon show that while was very funny was in reality too inappropriate for the target audience (sort of like the smoking caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland). My brain worked like a mousetrap, constantly creating altered and inverted dream worlds that my frantic mind could escape to. The doodles would dance and play telling me funny stories of their adventures with other doodles. I would add my chortle of laughter to the symphony of giggles that the doodles would make. My eyes would draw up in merriment as I watched them play. Everything was right with the world when I played with them but my fun would come to a screeching halt when my blue orbs would look up from their play to meet the white foam walls of the isolated room I resided in. Then I would remember that the doodles were the reason why I was stuck there. My only companions were my notebook, pen and doodles. So the doodles would have to do for now…
© Copyright 2012 Slaytanna (slaytona at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1899450-Doodled-Companions