*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1902665-Paging-Theodore
by Gimlet
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1902665
A desperate search in a railway station.
(Note. This was a (non-winning) entry into the Daily Flash Fiction Challenge. The challenge this time was to write a story in under 300 words with the phrase 'I didn't see that coming!' in it. And I went with silly :) )

                   Paging Theodore

         "Paging Mr Hat. Will Mr Hat please head to the Station Master's office immediately." came the droning voice over the intercom.

         Michael didn't need reminding. He was the one that told them to page Theodore! Mind you, Theo seldom listened to those things. He'd just have to hope.

         Rushing through the packed station Michael tried to peer in five different directions at once, just to see down various isles or between gaps in the crowd. No luck! Damn it where was the man?

         "Excuse me!" Michael said to an elderly gentleman who looked to be tall enough to see over the crowd. "Can you see a blonde man, about 40ish with a bowler hat on around anywhere?"

         "I beg your pardon?" The man said as Michael slowed, still walking past the tall man, his eyes darting everywhere rather nervously.

         "He's a business partner. A Mr Theodore Hat. It's really important to find him! Please I just need to..."

         *Crash*

         The man stared as Michael collided with someone who was running in the other direction and the two collapsed to the floor in an untidy heap.

         "Ungh!" Michael said, then stared at the person he'd hit "Theo? THEO!"

         "Is this who you were looking for?" The tall gentleman asked as reached down to help Michael up.

         "Yeah..."

         Michael said, then realized he was being a little informal.Theo hated that!

         "Yes, this is the man I was looking for. I'm sorry, I really didn't see T. Hat coming!"
© Copyright 2012 Gimlet (gimlet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1902665-Paging-Theodore