*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1902842-Hide--Seek
by ~MM~
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1902842
Playing in the old barn, the children find something unexpected
Prompt: Someone finds something wounded









We was playing in the  barn.  Not the one by the mill, but the other one.  The one with all the old machines and stuff.

Tanya was counting, and we was all trying to hide from her.  I hid behind the old thresher, cos there's a really massive spider there too and Tanya’s 'fraid of spiders and I know she wouldn’t want to look for me so I would win.

It Dan was what found the vampire.  Not a real vampire, but a bat one.  They still suck your blood though.  My sister Cara says that.  She says vampires turn into bats.

Anyway, Dan didn’t believe me and he picked it up and it bit him.  I told him he would turn into a vampire hisself.



Tanya said we was to leave it cos it was dirty and nasty.  But Mollie’s folks is vets and she said it’d be wrong to leave it.  She said it had been hurt by a cat cos its wings was all torn up and it was covered in blood.

Dan was cross and said why didn’t it drink its own blood then and not his?  But I fink he was just scared he was gonna turn into a vampire like Count Dracula who lives in Transylvania.  Only its not called Transylvania any more.  Its called Romania and Gypsies come from there.

My sister Cara told me all about vampires and Count Dracula and Transylvania.  Cara says vampires never get old & they don’t die.  But then she said you have to put a steak through their hearts to kill a vampire or else you can cut off their heads and then they die.  Which is stupid, ‘cos if they die they die and she said they don’t die.  Which shows girls don't know anything really.

Anyway Mollie says everything dies sometime.  And anyway, she say’s there’s no such thing as vampires.

But I say if it wasn’t a vampire, why did it bite Dan and when will he turn into a vampire?



Me and Dan aren’t friends anymore.









© Copyright 2012 ~MM~ (miget_mushroom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1902842-Hide--Seek