*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1903606-Give-In-To-Me
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1903606
Andre was bored with his life and stuck in a rut until he laid eyes on Elizabeth.
Chapter One - Give In To Me
Copy Right 2011 - All Rights Reserved
Just when he thought this day could not get any worse, Andre was called in to speak with the Great One Himself. It wasn’t easy being him; he's a combination of part Angel and part Demon, but where he comes from, there was no in between, either you’re an Angel and you do good things or you are a Devil and, well, you know. His days were not easy; he faced an inner battle constantly. Two different forces perpetually at battle, but it was time to make a choice.

Andre is a strikingly handsome being. Like his father, his features are on the dark side, his hair the color of night, his face chiseled to perfection, he is tall, approximately 6’ 3”. His eyes are amazing and probably one of his best features. They are almond in shape and change color often, sometimes green the color of a beautiful emerald, sometimes blue like the sky on a clear day, and sometimes purple or lavender, which would remind one of royalty. Andre's eyes are similar to his mother. His wings, a mixture of black and white feathers, but unlike his parents, his wings almost touch the ground and could wrap him tight like a cocoon. Truly a sight that would take ones breath away.

His mother is an Angel and his father a fallen Angel. He was conceived 19 years ago today and he knew it was time for his fate to be decided. As he started to move, memories of his life went flashing by. He remembered spending days with his mother and nights with his father. He loved them both and enjoyed the best of both worlds, and was finding it extremely difficult to decide which world to choose.
As he headed to the door where his fate would be decided, his mother and father stood there waiting. His mother was the first to speak. “Son, my handsome loving son, I am truly sorry for whatever pain you ever had to suffer. Always remember, you were the result of two people that will always love each other, even if we are from different worlds. I loved you from the moment of conception and I will love you till the end of time.” With that said, she hugged her son as if it was going to be the last time she would ever see him and she began to cry.

His father gently pulled her away and said in his deep musical voice, “Andre, whatever fate is decided today, know this my son, you are the product of two different worlds, use what was taught to you by your mother and myself and you will always be fine. Remember how to communicate with us. I love you son.” As Andre’s father hugged his son, the door opened and a bright white light was seen.
Elizabeth woke up late; her alarm clock did not go off for some reason. “Oh my, I am going to be late for work.” She jumped out of bed, got into the shower, brushed her teeth, combed her hair, and threw on the outfit that thankfully she pressed last night. She made the train with merely a second to spare. She took out her make-up kit and mirror and proceeded to apply her make-up. When she was finished she noticed that a few people were staring at her. The older woman across from her said, “Honestly, you are so beautiful that even if you didn’t put on that make-up there would have been no difference. If I had a face like yours, I would be a model or something.” Elizabeth’s face turned beet red and she smiled at the woman and thanked her.

Elizabeth’s looks are exquisite. Her hair’s the color of spun gold, long with beautiful curls that frame her face. Her appearance would make you think of an angel, soft and delicate. She stands at approximately 5’4” very slender with pixy like features. Her eyes have an amazing sparkle and to look at them would remind you of the Mediterranean Sea, the color of aquamarine. Perfection at its best.

With barely a second to spare, Elizabeth made it to work. As she was going into her office, her administrative assistant David handed her a stack of messages and told her that someone was waiting for her in the conference room. She looked at him with a puzzled expression and replied, “I don’t have anyone scheduled for this morning David, who is waiting for me?” David looked at her and said, “I am not sure who it is, I assumed you knew, I just got here myself and one of the girl’s from the other office told me that someone was here for you and was waiting in the conference room.”

Elizabeth was not one to keep anyone waiting, so without wasting another second, she headed over to the conference room. As she was just about to open up the door, she smelt a familiar scent and smiled. It was her mother. Her mother was known for always wearing the same perfume for years. Elizabeth smiled and opened the door and went straight to where her mother always sits.

“Morning mom, what brings you into the big, bad city so early in the morning?”

Her mother smiled, “Do I need a reason to visit my favorite little girl?”

“No mom of course you don’t. Can I get you anything? Coffee, tea, a muffin?”

Her mother sighed, “I was hoping I could steal you away for a little while, I have something that I want to talk to you about.”

Judging by her mother’s expression, Elizabeth felt that something wasn’t right; after all, her mother would never come into the city alone unless it was important. Without hesitation, Elizabeth used the intercom to call David and asked him to please cancel all her appointments for the day.

Andre was absolutely miserable. It’s been years since he has seen or heard from his mother and father or anyone else for that matter and was getting bored with his current situation.

“Damn,” Andre said to no one at all, “why couldn’t I just decide once and for all, Heaven or Hell? What was I thinking, just sitting there, not uttering one single syllable as the Great One stood there waiting for my response? Now I am sentenced to this strange place where no one can see or hear me.”

As he was sitting in his favorite tree in a busy park, Andre started to remember his meeting with the Great One. The monologue went on and on. Each tiny little detail played over and over in his mind. He remembers the Great One saying,

“Welcome Andre, it has been a long time since I last saw you and I am hoping that today we can finalize where you will spend the rest of your days. I am aware that this is not an easy decision to make and have taken that into consideration. Andre, I am not sure if you are aware how much thought I too, have put into this decision. You see, you intrigue me, I have watched you grow up, I watched you interact with your mother and I also watched you interact with your father. I am impressed at how you have handled so many situations, some were just ordinary things, others were purposely placed in your direction, sort of a test, and each time, you amazed me. The tests that I gave to you were more for me than for you. I was unaware of the power you possess Andre, and I am not quite convinced that you have even touched the surface of that power. I watched you and your mother do some of the best miracles ever, and I am not convinced that it was even your mother at all, but perhaps it was you alone who performed them. I was amazed how you handled your father too. Never once did you do anything that was against your morals. And, your father understood because he loves both you and your mother and knows the influence she has on you. Andre, I can not let you stay here in heaven, your powers will go to waste and I can’t send you to hell because your morals may be jeopardized and I do not ever want that to happen to you. So the only possible place that your powers will be of some sort of use is on earth watching over the humans."

From the distance Andre heard soft chatter and giggling which brought him out of his thoughts and into watching people again. He saw children running, parents waving, people talking, and wondered why he would be here on earth, it's so different from the two worlds he grew up in and yet something felt familiar. As he was sitting on his branch, he saw a group of teenagers that looked like they were up to no good and decided to take a closer look. His instincts were right and the teenagers were hassling an elderly couple. Andre was ready to use his power to get rid of the teenagers when out of the distance came someone running towards the crowd yelling and screaming. The teenagers attempted to run but for some reason they couldn't move. They stood there immobile until the authorities arrived.
Elizabeth was out of breath by the time she made it to the elderly couple. She looked at all the teenagers and started to yell at each and every one of them.

"Shame on you all, how dare you harm another human being, have you no respect at all for human life? Would you want someone to hurt anyone in your family the way you hurt this lovely couple?" Elizabeth was horrified that anyone could be so cruel. She turned to the shaken couple and saw that the elderly woman was on the ground and her husband was holding her. "Please call for help!" he cried to Elizabeth. As Elizabeth fumbled in her purse for her cell phone, help was heading towards them. "Thank you!" cried Elizabeth to the sky, "I really need your help, and please let this couple be okay, please!" Elizabeth went over to the two frightened people and hugged them both. She was so thankful she was there to help them and kept telling them that everything was going to be all right.

Elizabeth's mother finally caught up to the sad scene that unfolded before her eyes. She saw two elderly people on the ground and her beautiful daughter kneeling besides them holding them. "What can I do?" she asked her daughter. Elizabeth told her mother to please tell the officers to get an ambulance right away, the elderly woman's pulse was extremely faint.

As Elizabeth's mother walked over to the police officer, Elizabeth was asking the elderly gentleman for he and his wife's name.

He sadly replied, "My name is Arthur and my wife's name is Emily."

Elizabeth smiled at Arthur and told him her name and then asked if there was anyone she could call for him. Arthur sadly said, "Emily is all I have." He slowly put his head down and Elizabeth felt her heart break for him.

"No, that is not true Arthur, you and Emily have us now, isn't that right mom?" said Elizabeth with complete tenderness and caring in her voice.

Her mother mustered a smile and said "Of course that is correct."

Just as that was said the paramedics arrived and quickly went over to Emily. Arthur did not want to leave his wife's side and started to get a little upset when he was asked to step aside. Elizabeth asked her mother to please stay with Arthur while she spoke to the paramedics.

"Thank you" said Elizabeth as they gently lifted Emily into the ambulance,"I will meet you there as soon as I get my car."

Elizabeth watched the ambulance pull away and saw the look of terror, fear, sadness, and despair on Arthur's face. "Mom, please take Arthur over to the coffee shop, get him something to warm him up and I will get my car and take Arthur to the hospital and then you can take my car home."

Elizabeth didn't wait for a response, she started running, she was running so fast, it was almost as though she wanted to escape from her own thoughts.

Finally, Elizabeth could not run anymore, she was out of breath and just needed to walk for a minute. She looked up to the sky again and said, "Please, God, please, please, please work a miracle on Emily. She does not deserve a fate like this. Please make her be okay! Please?" As she was saying this, tears were rolling down her cheeks and her nose was running. She quickly wiped her face and nose and headed to her car all the while talking out loud and praying.

Andre slowly started to move closer to where the teenagers and the elderly couple were. He was trying to see exactly whom it was that was yelling at this particular group of teenagers and wanted to make sure that no harm came to this brave person. He made his way through the crowd and found the elderly couple on the floor and a woman kneeling over them offering help in any way at all. He heard her asking questions, he heard her cry for help and he heard her crying up to the Great One to please make everything okay. When she stood up, Andre could not believe his eyes. This kind, caring person was beautiful, her face, her hair, her body, everything about her amazed him. But what shocked him the most was her nearness. It seemed her nearness was having an odd effect on him and his senses, something he had never felt before. He watched her kindness with the elderly man and heard her talking to another beautiful but older woman. He moved in closer to listen and get a better look. He stood there and watched and listened with amazement and heard Elizabeth call the woman mom. Now that he was looking at the two of them, there were so many similarities that it was easy to see they were related.

Andre walked over to the area where the teenagers were. He wanted to see exactly what they looked like and wanted to see if any of them had any remorse at all. He walked by the first boy, he had to be about 14 years old, took hold of his hand and wanted to see the type of family life this child had. Andre let go of the kid’s hand and walked over to the next teenager and did the same exact thing. Before he knew it, he touched all six of the teenagers and had a history on each and every one of them. None had a experienced a horrible life and every single one of them had elderly grandparents.

After a few minutes, the police were taking the kids and placing them in patrol cars. Andre knew that somehow these kids were about to get a lesson in life they never expected. He watched the patrol cars drive away and decided that he would go see how the little old woman was doing. Andre closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths and when he opened them, he was right there where Elizabeth was, sitting in the waiting room with her mother and the old man Arthur.

Andre found himself mesmerized by the beauty and poise of Elizabeth. He walked over to where Elizabeth sat and placed his hand on her cheek. The touch of her skin made Andre jump back, it was like touching pure silk. It totally blew him away.

Elizabeth felt this sudden warmth on her skin and couldn’t imagine where the warm feeling came from. While she was looking around, a handsome doctor noticed her and walked over to her. “Hi, you look a little upset, I am Dr. Richards, my friends call me Anthony, is there something I can do for you?” Elizabeth stood up and introduced herself to the doctor and told him about Emily. He assured her that he would be right back with information.

Elizabeth smiled over at Arthur and said, “The nice doctor is going to get us an update on Emily; he will be right back.”

Elizabeth started to pace back and forth causing quite a stir in the hospital. Every man that was in the area would just stop and stare at her exquisite beauty. Every now and then Elizabeth would catch someone’s attention and give them her beautiful smile which would just about make their day.
After a few minutes Dr. Richards came over to Elizabeth and asked if she would go with him to his office. Elizabeth smiled and followed the kind doctor. Elizabeth was apprehensive at first because he asked to speak with her and not Arthur.

Andre was overcome with a feeling to which he wasn’t accustomed, he was jealous of that man standing there talking to Elizabeth. For some reason he didn’t want any other man around her. He followed them down the hall and watched this man continually find ways to touch Elizabeth. It was all he could do to not pummel the good doctor.

The doctor was opening a door, probably to his office, but instead of Elizabeth following him, she continued to walk, almost as if she was in a trance. She slowly walked into a patient’s room, no, Emily’s room and walked over to the bed. What happened next totally stunned Andre to the core. Elizabeth started to glow, white light was coming out of her from every direction, she slowly placed her hands on the top of Emily’s head and was reciting some incantations. She steadily moved her hands down Emily’s entire body, focusing on Emily’s heart the longest. Elizabeth did this till she reached Emily’s feet and the light disappeared and Elizabeth swayed and almost fell to the ground. Andre quickly ran over and made sure she didn’t fall. He carefully placed her in the chair next to Emily’s bed.

Andre stood there invisible, staring at Elizabeth.

She looked very pale and very drained. What just happened? Can humans heal? As his thoughts were running rampant, the hospital room door opened up and the doctor walked in. “There you are Elizabeth,” he said, when he saw her condition, he ran over to her and took her pulse, “Shit!” he said as he lifted her up and headed out of the room.
© Copyright 2012 DecemberRein (decemberrein at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1903606-Give-In-To-Me