*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1904405-Balthazar-Sucks
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #1904405
A little bit of silliness involving my two favourite demons from a work in progress.
Lilith and Lucas were sat on rocks... or at least what passed for rocks in their stinking cell. They’d been slung in there a few hours after their return and were sat waiting as patiently as demons could wait.

“Why are we here again?” Lilith asked, whining and leaning back across the rock, her head hanging off the other side.

“Because a. We got exorcised back into the Demon realm by two rookie knights, b. We didn’t fulfil our duty while on the Mortal Plane and c... Balthazar’s in a bad mood and wants us to entertain him in the Ring of Fire.” Lucas drawled, counting the reasons out on his fingers “Oh. And we completely destroyed Grackel. You know, his favourite imp.”

“Balthazar’s a big doody head.” Lilith muttered, rolling onto her stomach and glaring at the wall before her. The wall, feeling it had done nothing wrong and so didn’t feel it deserved such treatment shifted three feet to the left. Lilith sighed and returned to sitting upright.

“How’d he find out all that anyway?” Lilith said, resting her chin on her drawn up knees.

“Camilla.” Lucas growled out, his eyes starting to glow red “She got dragged into the realm by Balthazar when that little witch cast her spell and immediately told B all. I think she was trying to get leverage.”

“Who can blame her? The Demonic Hordes hate the mortals and she’s been manipulating us for decades.” Lilith shivered “I was raised here and I still hate it.”

“Such is the way of the demons little sister,” Lucas drawled again “At least our mother was mortal.”

“Fat lot of good that did her. Look what –“ Lilith cut off before they could go down that weary track again. Her sharp ears had picked up the sound of movement from outside the cell door.

They rose to their feet and shared a look. As the door swung open they spoke as one.

“Killing time.”
© Copyright 2012 NicoleNally (nicolenally at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1904405-Balthazar-Sucks