*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1904541-A-Threat-of-Demons
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1904541
What happens when an enemy you thought long dead returns full of life and wanting revenge?
The door flew open with a bang.

“Where is he Will?!” Diana shouted.

“Well hello Diana, I’m very well thank you. Please come in,” Will said, not looking up from the orders he was in the process of writing.

Diana stormed further into the room and took up a stance in front of him. He knew that pose and he shivered. When Diana had her legs wide like that and her arms crossed over her chest he knew she would not be deterred. So much for a quiet night.

“Well?” she snapped

“For the last time Diana, I’m not your husband’s keeper.” Will sighed, finally putting down the paper.

“You’re his best friend. He should tell you these things!” she cried out.

When Will simply continued to stare at her she threw up her hands in disgust and dropped into a nearby chair with a heavy thump.

“He’s gone fishing,” a quiet voice said from the doorway. Will smiled when he heard it.

Diana spun around to see Wren step quietly into the room. She huffed in annoyance.

“Why does she know that and you don’t?!” Diana demanded of Will

“I ran into him on the way here. His arms were full of his fishing gear.” Wren said before Will could answer.

In truth Will was a little hurt that his friend hadn’t told him what he was up to and even more hurt that Gabe hadn’t thought to invite him along. The other man knew that Will was desperate for some peace and quiet. Shaking his head he returned his attention to the two women in front of him.

“Diana, what’s so important that you had to storm into my house and start shouting at me?” Will asked, leaning back in his chair.

“It’s Lucas and Lilith...” Diana said, wringing her hands “Cat sent me a letter. Apparently they’ve finally found a way to regenerate and return to this world.”

“What?! You said that was impossible,” Wren cried out.

“I said improbably and unlikely, not impossible.” Diana sighed “They’re demons, they don’t generally stick to the normal rules and laws of the universe.”

Will pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. He remembered all too easily the last time they had had to deal with the pair of demon siblings. Then he remembered how easy it had been to despatch them back to the Demonic Realm.

“To be fair they’re not the most evil of demons,” Will pointed out, giving voice to his thoughts “They’re more a mild annoyance than anything. Remember how easy it was for Gabe and I to send them back?”

“They just didn’t like Camilla and were doing as little as possible,” Diana argued “Now though they’re free agents and can do whatever they want. Which may well include getting revenge on you and my husband!”

Will swallowed in sudden fear. He remembered the legends of the Demon Wars and just how vicious demons could be when they wanted to be. Camilla was nothing compared to some of the more powerful denizens of the Demon Realms. If the demonic siblings were out for revenge he and Gabe were in trouble.

“I suppose we better go and find Gabe then,”

© Copyright 2012 NicoleNally (nicolenally at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1904541-A-Threat-of-Demons