*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1905890-Dear-Soldier
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1905890
My letter to soldier not home for Christmas.
Dear Soldier,

Merry Christmas! I would like for you to know that you are in my prayers and thoughts as the holiday season approaches. i have so much respect and admiration for you and what you have sacrificed for me and all of our country. You are a true American hero and you deserve so much more than the petty things in this gift box. However, I do hope that these things do let you know that there are people at home who greatly appreciate the fact that you are putting your life on the line for our freedom and liberties.

I hope you enjoy the letters enclosed in this care package. They were collected by a contest I hosted on a website called writing.com, if you get a chance please check it out - there is so much to read and enjoy there. I wanted to collect letters to send to show you how much we wish we could do more for you during the holidays.

My daughter and I really enjoyed shopping for you. She picked out the things she wanted you to have; you will notice the ones with the name Brittany on them. She is so excited about you getting something special for Christmas. She especially liked the fact that she got you the iTunes card. She told me, "Mom, everyone loves and can relax a little bit to music!" So, I hope she is right! I hope being able to download some music brings you some enjoyment and a little bit of tranquility. There are also some holiday sillies in there that were passed through the US Army for over 20 years by a very dear friend of mine who was a SFC, from Fort Bragg. He has passed away, so, now I try to share this tradition for him. I had no idea what kind of snacks to get so I just got the basics and I got what I consider to be the best razors on the market. The cards are from all of my daughter's middle school classes.

I ran across something quite comical that I would like to share with you about spell checking on the computer. I hope you like it as much as I did. I thought it was truly funny because I do quite a bit of writing on the computer and spell check is an amazing feature!



I halve a spelling checker,
It came with my pea see.
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I dew knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait aweigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the era rite
Its rarely ever wrong.

I've scent this massage threw it,
And I'm shore your pleased too no
Its letter prefect in every weigh;
My checker tolled me sew.


I do not expect a reply from you for I know you are very consumed with your responsibilities and obligations but my address is attached if you would like a pen pal. My daughter and I both would be honored to write to you. I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas and I hope that if you ever need anything sent to you, you will not hesitate to write to me. It is my great honor to send you this package to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that you do!

May God bless you and keep you safe!

With love, honor and sincere gratitude,
Angela
© Copyright 2012 Angel_Eyes (angelapurser at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1905890-Dear-Soldier