*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1906103-Gods-of-Men-Chapter-1
by TLK
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1906103
Superhumans called Primans re-reveal themselves to the modern world.
Gods of Men




“The greater the challenge, the harder you fight to rise above it.”



Chapter 1

         (Dusk in a suburban country-side sit’s an estate. The front driveway is filled with several cars and the property is covered with wedding decorations. Behind the estate is an open field, a huge backyard. Beyond that yard is a wooded area. Faint explosions can be heard emulating from the estate. The muffled blasts can be heard outside but no person outside is close enough to hear them. A loud blast is heard and a dark blue light can be seen shining through the back glass doors of the estate. The light shines brighter and grows larger indicating the light speeding towards the doors. The beam of light rips through the doors carrying a man with it. The man flies through the air and skids across the ground until his momentum brings him to a stop. Inside the estate you can see fire beginning to tear the place apart and bodies strung out across the floors. Smoke begins to makes its way out of the whole made by the blast. Through the smoke you can see 3 figures walking out; the one in the middle is taller than the other two and wears a long blue robe. His name is Sulem Al’Tarik and he is known as the Hafflife. In his left hand he holds onto a collar of an unconscious woman wearing a bridal maid’s dress. The dress is ripped and dirty indicating she had been in a fight. The man to his left has a scar where his left eye use to be and is wearing mostly blue his name is Scion and is the apprentice to the Hafflife. On his right is a man with longer blonde hair and wearing mostly black he is called Chris Jocu. This man is holding a metal suitcase with valuable contents inside. The man who was blasted through the window begins to get up. He has been beaten down but is still ready to fight. Once on his feet he gets into a fighting stance. The man with long blue robes holding the woman walks closer to the man.)


Sulem Al’Tarik- You are a very foolish boy. You don’t have anywhere near the power to defeat me.
(He holds up the woman and throws her at the man. The man catches her and lays her down on the ground next to him. The woman is his cousin and possibly the only relative he has left alive.)

Man- You’ll pay for what you’ve done here today! I will not let the murder of my family go unpunished!!
(He launches himself at Al’Tarik full of anger and intensity. He pulls back his fist to drill Al’Tarik but Al’Tarik unleashes a force field blast that rips into the man and throws him back into the air. He then falls crashing to the ground.)

Al’Tarik- All you are is an obstacle that was put in my way. I have what I came for. (He looks over to the suitcase) If you’re so outraged by the death of your family then I will send you to see them!


(The man tries to get up a second time but can’t muster up the energy. Al’Tarik holds out his hand and begins powering up to fire at him. You can hear his energy gathering as he prepares to fire at the man. In the sky a swirling beam of light races down and strikes the ground behind the man. It kicks up the wind which spins around as the beam disappears. Standing there in the middle of the wind are two men. One wearing black and white with a mask on the same color, his name is Zinagata. The other, wearing a white headband and a black vest. His name is Ryannus. They stand there looking at Al’Tarik and the other two. They stare back knowing that these are enemies.)


Al’Tarik- Give me the case. (Chris Jocu hands him the case) Deal with these two. (He then begins to walk off towards the right to let the other two deal with these new arrivals.)


(When Al’Tarik is out of the way Scion fires a blast at the two. Both of them dodge; Zinagata’s entire body than engulfs itself in his red energy. He then begins to fly into the air and fires a blast right back at Scion. Ryannus fires back at Scion and Chris Jocu while running towards the left, Chris Jocu begins blasting power orbs back at Ryannus. Ryannus dodges the blasts with a couple flips and begins racing serpentine pattern towards Chris Jocu, once he’s close enough he gives him a swift spin kick to the chest. Chris Jocu flies back but back flips into a land. Once Chris Jocu lands Ryannus flies at him with a right hand but Chris Jocu dodges, strikes Ryannus in the back of the head then kick him from off the ground. But Ryannus regains his balance and lands right in front of him. Zinagata continues to fly up into the air as Scion fires 3 blast at him, they miss and Zinagata return fire at Scion who must back flip out the way of one blast and then another. After the second shot Zinagata swoops down quickly and knocks Scion from out of the air. Ryannus and Chris Jocu engage in a standoff trading punches, kicks, and blocks.)

Chris Jocu- Don’t know who you are, but you’re pretty good!


Ryannus Jokkenin- Thanks for the compliment but I’m not going have any respect for myself if I’m not at least a little better than you! (He blocks a punch from Chris then head butts him.)


(Zinagata stays in the air and rains blasts down on Scion. Scion dematerializes into different spots to avoid the blasts. Zinagata fires another beam down on him; Scion holds up his hands and catches the beam. He uses all his power to hold it away from his body and then throws it away into the air. He then dematerializes and appears behind Zinagata. He grabs a hold of him. He begins forming energy in his hand to use as a weapon but Zinagata sets over a surround blast and knocks Scion off his back. Zinagata begins charging up and fires out a beam at Scion. Scion looks up to see the blast coming and fires off a one of equal size at it. The two beams collide in midair at a standstill. Both Scion and Zinagata hold their beams and continue to try and force their on the other. Chris lunges at Ryannus with a punch but he rolls out the way. Ryannus goes for a side kick but Chris catches his foot, spins him around, and grabs him by the neck to place him in a rear-naked choke hold. He tries to keep it on but Ryannus elbows him in the ribs with his free arm. He then elbows Chris in the face, kicks out his legs, and then spin kicks him in the chest.)


(Away from the fight the Hafflife makes his way to a waiting helicopter where 3 men wait for him. He hands one of them the brief case.)


Al’Tarik- Takes this back to my lair. I still have unfinished business out here.

Guy holding the briefcase- Yes sir.
(As Al’Tarik turns around Chris Jocu comes flying toward him and smacks into a tree. He gets back up slowly holding his head.)

Al’Tarik- Get inside, I will be in there shortly. (Turns to the helicopter guys) Get ready for takeoff.

Helicopter Guy- Right away sir!

(The helicopter guys get into the chopper and start the engine. Al’Tarik can look and see Ryannus walking towards him.)

Ryannus- The hell you going Hafflife? Were just getting started. (He jumps at Al’Tarik and goes for a kick, Al’Tarik ducks, Ryannus then unleashes a series of punches and kicks on him but Al’Tarik blocks them all with one hand. He then dematerializes and appears behind Ryannus and hits him in the back of the head, he then proceeds to materialize back and forth to the from and back of Ryannus landing strikes in various places. His last hit is a right to Ryannus’s face that send him reeling backwards, Al’Tarik dashes at Ryannus who sees this coming and fires a beam at him. Al’Tarik dematerializes and then appears right in front of Ryannus. He then kicks him in the chest and sends him flying backwards. He dematerializes and then appears behind him again and shoulder-bucks him in the back sending him flying through the air. Ryannus smashes through one of the second floor windows of the estate, he then falls through the floor landing on the first floor. There are bodies of the wedding party lying all around Ryannus. Fire also begins to consume the first floor.)



(Zinagata and Scion continue their energy beam standoff. Al’Tarik watches them and walks close to the scene. He points his right hand at Zinagata and fires a blast at him while he’s still engaged with Scion. The beam flies up and hits him right in the side. The blast forces him to lose concentration on his beam and allows Scion to win the standoff. Scion’s blast overtakes Zinagata’s and engulfs him, sending him higher into the air. Al’Tarik then walks closer to Scion.)

Al’Tarik- Lets move.

(Both Al’Tarik and Scion begin to walk to the helicopter. As they are walking Al’Tarik looks down at the man they were fighting earlier and the woman that was thrown at him. The man is lying on the ground holding his ribs. He looks up at Al’Tarik as he’s walking by. They both stare intensely at each other before Al’Tarik continues to walk away.)


(Back inside the burning estate the room begins to collapse from the fire. Ryannus begins to make his way back up to his feet. Once he does he looks around and can see bodies lying everywhere. He starts to make his way to an exit when he hears a groan. He stops and turns to see where it came from and he hears it again. It’s coming from a woman. He walks to his right, closer to where he heard the groan and he hears it again and sees who it came from. it’s a woman lying under a table, half-unconscious wearing a tattered and brunt wedding dress. Ryannus goes over to her and knocks the table off of her. He then proceeds to pick her up to take her to safety.)
(Outside Al’Tarik, Scion, and Chris Jocu are inside the helicopter with the briefcase. The chopper becomes airborne and climbs its way into the sky. The chopper heads into the direction of a hill just behind a wooded area when all of a sudden a man in a dark cloak grabs ahold of the landing gear of the chopper. The pilots notice the sudden increase of weight.)

Pilot- We’re taking on extra weight?
Co-Pilot- The hell...?

(Zinagata is still being flung into the sky by Scion’s blast. He uses all his strength to pull himself out of the beam. Once he does this he turns and looks to the right where he can see the helicopter.)

(The man charges the aura to his right hand and slams it onto the chopper door. The door blows open, de-pressurizing the cabin and sending air swirling in. The man that was holding the briefcase is sucked out into the open air. The pilots do all they can to keep the helicopter under control as Scion, Al’Tarik and Chris jump up alarmed. The man jumps inside and flashes out a bright flare from his hand. The light temporarily blinds Al’Tarik, Chris and Scion. The man then goes on the attack, he quick steps to Al’Tarik and then jumps kicks him in the chest, sending him backward. He then turns to Chris and elbows him in the face, forearms him in the stomach and then the head and then kicks him in the side of the head. Behind the man is Scion who ever while blind tries to fight back. He throws 2 wild swings that the man avoids and is then hit with a right hand, a knee to the chest and a head-butt. The man then turns to the direction of the briefcase and rushes over. Al’Tarik has stumbled over to that spot, felt around and grabbed ahold of the briefcase. He holds it tightly. He tries to swing at the man who avoids it. Al’Tarik is then kicked in the face; the man then slams the briefcase out of his hand and then shoulders him out of the way. The man then takes the briefcase from off the ground and then runs to run to the cockpit. Al’Tarik goes for a last minute desperation grab but misses as the man runs to the cockpit and jumps right out the front windows. The man then follows through his jumps into a front flip and is facing the helicopter. He holds out his right hand a fires a beam directly at it. Both the pilot and the co-pilot see the blast coming but can’t move out of the way. Both throw up their hands and begin screaming. The blast rips through the helicopter, into Scion, Al’Tarik, and Chris, and obliterates the cockpit. The beam goes all the way through the chopper and it explodes.)



(The helicopter wreckage falls down into a wooded area along with Al’Tarik, Scion, and Chris, who float down to the ground, in-cased in a force field. They land on the ground and survey the wreckage; they know that the briefcase and the contents inside are gone.)

Scion- Dammit, what do we do now my master?
Al’Tarik- This is only a setback. We’ll get it back.




(Back over near the estate Ryannus kicks a table through a window and exit’s the burning building carrying the woman in the wedding dress. He rushes across the grass and sets her down. Behind him the estate begins to fall apart and some of the roof collapse on the first floor. Zinagata flies down to them and lands.)


Zinagata- There were survivors in there?
Ryannus- (Looks back at wreckage) Not anymore. She was all I could grab.
Zinagata- The helicopter the Hafflife’s men were on was shot down by an energy blast. We should check the wreckage for the briefcase. Whatever’s in there looks important. (Walks over to the now unconscious man holding his ribs.) I think this is one of them, the Kai’s.  Looks like the younger sibling. We’ll take him back with us. All of them, the two girls too. (Looks down at the unconscious man) Don’t worry, we’re your friends.

Epilogue

The God that you and other religions claim to believe in is really a half truth. There is an entity that created our universe it’s called the Allpower. It’s raw energy, the energy that powers all life. It’s inside everybody and everything; the trees, the ground, stars, space, the air, and all living things. You have the Allpower inside of you. I have it inside of me. This energy is what created the first life and what created man. Adam and Eve were indeed the first, this is true. The Allpower wanted to create a special species that had the potential for unlimited growth, they would be known as Primans; “the first men”. They resided in the Garden of Eden, an area where every item inside was rife with the energy of the Allpower and they would have reign over all inside. But one tree in particular was deemed too powerful for living things and was forbidden by the Allpower. But as you know, man’s curiosity got the better of them. What they consumed was not an apple but an orb that embodied the essence of the Allpower. It increased their physical power; strength, speed, to levels not originally intended. Their aura, the luminous field of energy that envelops all living things, was powered to awesome new levels. It became the source of their strength and could be used for triumph, achievement and even war. The Allpower had no choice but to banished them from the Garden and decided to start once again from scratch in other parts of the world through other means of creation. The Allpower would allow humans to develop and evolve out of lower animal life-forms, for they were much nobler in nature than the Primans that had disobeyed. They kept their modest aura levels and would go on to populate the world. That is your story and why you are here.


But the Primans would live on in this world as the descendants of Adam and Eve. With the power that they possessed they became gods to the primitive people, the sun god, moon god, and other pagan entities. Early humans didn’t have any reason to believe that they weren’t gods, so they worshipped them as champions. The Primans needed to decide how they would live alongside the humans; two schools of thought came to be. Some Primans believe that they were intended to live side by side with the humans, that they were all created equally; this was the Riuken belief. While other believed that their power made them greater. They believed that the humans were a lesser form of themselves and therefore should be ruled. This was known as the Zolleran doctrine. This disagreement turned into bloodshed. They would use the humans to help war against one another in a game of world chess. This war was responsible for great damage and great loss of life, the battle at Jericho, the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, and more. The Riukens would eventually win a decisive battle and take the source of the Zolleran’s power away from them. But this only intensified the Zolleran’s will to fight.


The Allpower would grow so disgusted with what the Primans had done to this world that a prophecy was sent down; “If the wars and the killing continue then I will embody myself into a human woman and be born to this world to cleanse it of its sins.” The Primans would view this as the harbinger of their doom so they reluctantly made a truce. The fighting stopped but the prophecy never went away. The Priman race went underground to hide from the doom bringer and blend in with humankind. The humans chose to try and erase as much of the Primans as they could by writing them out of history. Eventually, the human’s memory of Primans was forgotten but they have continued to live amongst you to this day. There are those content to live amongst you and those that are plotting against you…


To Be Continued


© Copyright 2012 TLK (emb5092 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1906103-Gods-of-Men-Chapter-1