*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1907151-Gods-of-Men-Chapter-2
by TLK
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1907151
Superhumans called Primans re-reveal themselves to the modern world.
Gods of Men

Chapter 2


In a dark abandoned building a man with a blonde Mohawk and jacket walk inside. The building is creepy with dripping water coming out from broken pipes. He walks to the center of the room waiting for whoever called him to this place. Then he hears a voice call his name.

Voice-
Purcell Janus.

(Three figures then walk out of the darkness from the direction of the voice, its Al’Tarik, Chris Jocu, and Scion. They walk over to Purcell.)

Purcell Janus-
I got your message. What are you trying to accomplish?

Al’Tarik-
It’s simple; I need soldiers. I need those that are willing to fight for their place in the world. I know you and your family crave combat. There are already Riukens that challenge us, we need to get stronger.

Purcell-
And we will, I will join you. It is so nice to finally have a forward thinking Hafflife leading the Zollerans. I’ve been growing tired of this complacency over our place in the world. We belong at the top.

Al’Tarik-
I am glad to see your thoughts are the same as mine. I knew I made the right choice contacting you. You will make an excellent addition to our cause. You…and Zuberus.

Purcell-
Zuberus. My grandfather?

Al’Tarik-
Your grandfather is the only Zolleran alive today trained in the Faycade Arts. That would be an invaluable acquisition.

Chris-
What the hell is the Faycade Arts?

Al’Tarik-
A pathway to powers of the mind.

Purcell-
Well there’s a little problem, you see. My grandfather has been a prisoner of the United States government for the past 40 years. He’s being held in some maximum security, high-tech place. Hundreds of guards there as well.

Al’Tarik-
No human government is a match for me. We will free Zuberus Janus.

Purcell-
Well I’m with you. All the way. But we don’t even know where it’s located.

Al’Tarik-
I do. Now, we must move quickly, the Riukens are relentless. The time to strike is now.


In the suburban countryside right in the backyard of an estate a man by the name of Tgjan Kai trains with his brother Owen. The two brothers stand side by side, facing a large mountain cliff.

Owen-
Take control of your aura. Breathe. Take deep breaths.

Both begin to summon their aura.

Owen-
Do you feel it? Taking control of your power?

Tgjan-
Yes, I do.

Owen-
Watch my movements. Do what I do.

Owen waves his arms around slowly and then brings them to his sides. Tgjan observes the movements his brother makes and then imitates them. They both get into the same stance and focus on drawing their energy. Their auras begin to glow and engulf them.

Owen-
Keep focusing.


The energy being created by both of them creates a breeze that blows the grass and the trees behind them. As both of them continue to power-up, Owen places his arms about his head. Tgjan follows. In the palms of each of their hands forms a small orb. It glows as both men put more and more energy into it.

Owen-
Good, good, you’re doing good.

They continue to charge their orbs; they increase in size and glow brighter.

Owen-
Feel it deep inside. Pull all of your energy out.

Their orbs grow bigger and energy starts to fluctuate off of them. The orbs are being fed the energy from their auras.

Owen-
We’re ready. Aim at your side of the ridge. We’ll bring this thing down.


Both of them throw their arms out in front of them and they orb they have been creating is shot out at the ridge. Both orbs smash into the side of the ridge and begin digging into the side of it.

Owen-
Put more power into it!

Both of them increase the energy output of their orbs. They borrow deeper and deeper in the ridge. Cracks begin to break into it. Owen’s side begins to break apart why Tgjan’s doesn’t break up except for a few cracks.

Tgjan-
I can’t, I can’t make it stronger. I don’t have any more energy to give it.

Owen-
Find it. Find it in you, it’s there.

Tgjan tries to increase the power. He searches in his energy to find more but cant. The two orbs borrow deep into the ridge and then ignite. The light is blinding as the ridge blows to pieces, sending dust and rocks into the air. Pieces of the ridge start to fall all around Tgjan and Owen. When the dust settles Owen’s half is nothing more than a crater. Tgjan’s still has a base and a good amount of the ridge still left. He stands there with a disappointed look on his face. Owen walks over and puts his hand on his shoulder.


Owen-
It’s okay. You were close this time. Much closer than before.

(Both of them start walking back to the estate.)

Tgjan-
I’m trying to learn Owen. The more I learn from you, the better warrior I can be. I want to get out there and fight.

Owen-
Easy there Teej. Remember, this is peace time. There will always be minor conflicts we’ll be needed for but don’t want war to happen.

Tgjan-
A war would be exciting though.

Owen-
Battle isn’t glamorous. Remember that.

Tgjan-
I know. I just can’t help but be excited.

Owen-
(smiles) Excited for the personal growth that battle can bring you. Fighting isn’t the only way to strengthen yourself as a warrior. Strengthen your senses. Become in-tune with the essence of your aura. Centering oneself has always been a stable technique of the Kai family.

Tgjan-
(smiles) Sounds lame.

Owen-
(laughs) You’ll come around. With a little more maturity you’ll understand.

(They both walk inside where Tgjan and Owens father sits eating a sandwich.)

Father Kai-
You boys out there training hard?

Owen-
You wouldn’t believe how quick he’s picking some things up dad.

Father-
Yeah, he looks like he’s going to be a great sidekick for you Owen.

Tgjan-
Hold on there dad, I’m not a sidekick. I’m a partner.

Owen-
(smiles) You heard the man.

Father-
You should probably be done training for the day; you need to rest up for tomorrow.

Owen-
Oh, yeah I am. We’re done today anyway. Where is Katie actually?

And almost on cue in walks a pretty blonde.

Katie-
Right here. So you finally came inside to see your soon to be wife?

She walks over to Owen and kisses him.

Owen-
Sorry hun, just out training with Teej.

Katie-
So Teej am I going to get Owen all to myself on the honeymoon or are you coming too?

Tgjan-
(laughs) He’s all yours.

Owen-
Yeah. Let me have my honeymoon. But when I get back I’ll start teaching you some

Tgjan-
Yeah?

Owen-
You want to learn the Allsight?

Tgjan-
Definitely.

Owen-
Good. You’ll learn it.

Katie and Owen walk out of the room

Father-
Your mom wanted me to tell you that your tux is hanging up on your closet door. Are you keeping the ring in a safe place?

Tgjan-
Yes dad, I’m keeping the ring safe.

Father-
I’m just making sure, being the best man is a big responsibility.

Tgjan-
Dad, I’m a grown ass man. I got this.

That night Tgjan is up in his room. He checks the ring box on top of his drawer to make sure the ring is safe inside. He lies down on his bed and gazes up at the ceiling. He then hears a knock at his door. He looks up to see his cousin Jessie.
Tgjan- Hey.

Jessie-
Yoo, you ready for tomorrow?

Walks inside and sits down next to Tgjan.

Tgjan-
I am. I’m nervous about my toast though.

Jessie-
Ohhhh. I’m sure you’ll do fine.

Tgjan-
Two weeks from now I’ll be out there battling Zollerans. I can’t wait.

Jessie-
Ever since you were 8 that’s all you’ve talked about.

Tgjan-
It’s all I’ve wanted to do.

Jessie-
The times of war are over. There hasn’t been any full scale fighting in centuries. If anything it’s just small conflicts.

Tgjan-
(Stands up and walks toward his window.) You know the Zollerans aren’t going to be peaceful forever. They’re going to want power again. Even during this time of peace there’s been little uprisings that a few Riukens, like Owen have had to deal with. When the time comes I want to be ready for that full scale battle. I’m going to fight with Owen. Small conflicts, large battles; I’m ready for all of it.

The next morning at a church in the city, all the wedding guest have arrived and are sitting in the chapel ready to begin the ceremony. The wedding party is standing at the front and waiting for the bride to walk down the aisle. Tgjan, Owen and Jessie are all at the front in the wedding party waiting. The music starts and everybody stands up and turns their attention to the back. Owen’s bride begins walking down towards the front accompanied by her dad. He walks her down and then takes his seat once she reaches her spot. She walks up the small stairs to where Owen is and stands by his side. Both of them smiling at each other.

Priest-
Dearly beloved, we have all gathered here today to celebrate the union of Katherine Anne Rooney and Owen Christopher Kai…

Moments later after the ceremony has ended with “I do’s” everybody begins the celebration. The church becomes alive as the doors fly open and the bride and groom come running out surrounded by confetti. People begin to pour out behind them cheering. Right behind Owen is Tgjan who puts his hand on his brother’s shoulder to say something.

Tgjan-
Congratulations, man.

Owen smiles at Tgjan and acknowledges his congrats, he then runs to the limo with his bride and gets in. Everybody else then runs to their cars to head to the wedding reception with the newly married couple.

Later at the wedding reception back at the Kai estate, the entire family is gathered in the banquet room. The wedding party sit’s at a very long table in front of the guest with the wall length windows behind it. Tgjan stands up holding his drink in the air getting ready for his toast. The room goes quiet and all eyes are on him.

Tgjan-
I’ve known my brother Owen my entire life, and most of his. And I honestly have never seen his eyes light up like they do when he talks about Katie. And when I met her I thought, “What is this girl doing she can do so much better.” (Crowd laughs) But then I realized that the reason she’s with him is that…she makes him better. That’s an amazing quality for a person to have. And the more I see them together the more I can’t deny that they’re perfect for each other. Katie has the ability to make a great man like Owen even better. The sky is the limit for these two. And I am honored to have her and her family now become a part of mine. To the new couple.

Everybody in the room claps for the toast. Owen and Katie get up to hug Tgjan. While Owen is embracing him he says…

Owen-
Thank you, man. You’re the best brother, and best friend anybody could ever hope for.


Tgjan then goes to take his seat; his brother stands to address the guests.

Owen-
My brother and best man Tgjan. I—

A dark blue energy explosion erupts right behind him. It blows glass and debris into the wedding party and sends Owen, some other members of the wedding party, and the tables they were sitting at flying into the air. Tgjan and others are lying on the ground. Both he and his brother briefly glance at each other knowing what this situation has in store. From out of the whole made by the blast walks in The Hafflife, Scion, and Chris Jocu. Once they are inside they begin blasting away at the Kai family. In one blast goes Tgjan’ parents; in another blast goes the Rooneys.

Owen-
I know what they’re after!! Teej, we have to stop them! At all costs!!!!

The Hafflife then fires off an energy force field that engulfs the room sending everything flying away from Hafflife and his followers. Scion leaves the room to go after the item Owen knows they are after. Energy beams continue to get thrown around the room as the Zollerans eradicate the wedding party. Tgjan is frozen in horror at the events he is seeing. He sees his cousin try to get to a safe place and then is blasted away into a wall. He sees his relatives getting vaporized by beams and getting beaten down by force. Scion bursts back into the room after retrieving whatever the Kai’s were protecting and putting it inside a suitcase. Owen sees him and immediately rushes over. He jumps at Scion firing a few blasts at him. Scion back flips over the first two but the third hit’s the ground right where he lands. The impact causes him to drop the briefcase.

Owen flies in and throws a left hand. Scion blocks it; Owen then throws a right and Scion blocks that as well. Scion then ducks under a third punch, Owen tries to catch him with a spin kick but Scion blocks and then jumps away so that Chris Jocu can attack. He jumps in and goes for a double axe handle. Owen moves out the way. Chris goes for a backhand and then a right but both are blocked. Chris goes for another left but Owen is able to catch it under his arm and lock it in place. He then does the same of Chris’ left hand. Owen head butts Chris, knees him in the gut, and then throws him over his shoulder. Tgjan is standing a few feet away just watching his brother battle, a sense of pride can be seen on his face. Owen then turns to see the briefcase lying on the ground. He goes for it reaching out his arm to grab it when suddenly a beam hits him from behind. The blast rips into his back tearing apart any clothes worn on his torso. Owen falls to his knees as the man you dealt out the blast, Hafflife makes his way over. Tgjan, seeing the danger begins to hurry over before more damage can be done. Hafflife grabs Owen around his jaw, lifts him off his palms and places his hand up against his back. He can hear his energy begin to charge up and light begins to emulate from that hand, The Hafflife then looks up at Tgjan and looks him right in the eyes. Tgjan knows what’s coming.

Tgjan-
Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Then the Hafflife releases a blast that tears into the back of Owen and then burst through his chest. Time seems to stop for Tgjan as he sees what has befallen his brother. Owen’s body falls rag doll like to the ground. Tgjan gets over there and goes to hold his brother. He turns him over so that his face is looking up. Owen, trying to muster up enough strength attempts to say his last words to Tgjan.

Owen-
Its…up to…you. Its…up…to…you. Get it…back, the…get it…back…

The last breath leaves Owen’s body as his head falls back. Tgjan looks at the body of his brother as tears form in his eyes. He holds him tight and then lets out a cry.

Tgjan-
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He looks at the Hafflife with eyes of rage. Tgjan sets his brother down and charges right at him. Hafflife calmly holds out his hands and unleashes a huge blast at Tgjan. It engulfs him and threatens to rip him into pieces……

Inside a furnished room awakes the man Tgjan Kai. He opens his eyes, ending the nightmare he was forced to relive. But if it was only a nightmare, everything that transpired in that dream happened. Every death, every emotion, every event. This time it was only a dream, but the loss was only too real.

To Be Continued
© Copyright 2012 TLK (emb5092 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1907151-Gods-of-Men-Chapter-2