*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1911995-Superstar
by OOT™
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Comedy · #1911995
Kayla has an inflated ego after being asked to star in a commercial.
"It's just one commercial, and it's a cheesy one at that. It's not like you're a movie star or something." Beth had finally grown tired of Kayla's constant bragging, but Kayla wasn't going to let it burst her bubble.

"I don't see why you came with me if you're just going to be jealous. I thought you were here to support me." Kayla was finally getting the break she had been waiting for - SlimQuik, the latest diet drug, had chosen her as its spokesperson. She couldn't believe her luck! When they approached her at the local drugstore, she had never even heard of the drug. In fact, she had a bottle of Fat Away in her hand as she talked to them. And despite all of the pizza and chocolate cake she constantly ate, they thought that she looked good enough to represent their weight loss product.

Her moment had finally come! As she stood in her small dressing room preparing for the taping, she thought about all of the potential modeling jobs in her future. Beth interrupted her reverie.

"You have two minutes to get out there. You know the show can't go on without the big star."

Ignoring the intended sarcasm, Kayla hurried out of the dressing room, switching off the lamp on the way out, effectively leaving her friend in the dark. One of the men she had met with earlier was already motioning her to the stage. She hurried to his side.

"And now, ladies and gentlemen, I want to introduce Kayla McGraw. Kayla and I met at a local drug store where she had been purchasing diet aids other than SlimQuik. You can see the results Kayla got from those substandard products..."

Kayla backed up slowly as she heard Beth erupt in laughter backstage.
© Copyright 2013 OOT™ (outoftouch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1911995-Superstar