*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1912275-Mystery-Onadd
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1912275
This is a playful mystery about a man named Onadd and his dog Josho.
It was a cold and snowy day. The valley laid before him like a taunting woman. Onadd couldn't stop thinking and thinking. Anger raced in and out of his fertile mind, every now and then replaced by pity and sadness for what was to be done.



Josho was by his side, like he always was, in an annoying fashion over a loyal one. He jumped on Onadd's leg, growling and screeching about getting his ball or his toy. Well, he knew exactly but that was the game they played, and it kept things alive. Onadd ignored Josho's advances once again.



Straight ahead through the snow filled air, away from the safety of his cave cabin, was the city in the distance the bustle of city life and the guy that must be found. The couple of miles walk pained Onadd. He ventured only when it was completely necessary. This was one of those days.



Josho could tell time had come for something, and laid and stared at Onadd from his rug. "Come on, let's go."



The rugged landscape was not made for walking because few had walked up where he was at. At the bottom of the mountain it always got easier. Onadd's track washing had provided excellent cover for his location. "Keep up Josho!," Onadd screamed at the small pup--who was somehow excited and forlorn for obvious reasons. Staying in the forest until the last second was the only way to stay unseen until the right time.



This had become private property years ago during a big government land-sale to solve the budget crisis of 2013. Much help that did. This city surely wasn't the same, dilapidated as it was.  The land was rarely used by its owner anymore, however now and then he'd be out there. The owner, Stavo, had designated the area his own hunting paradise--outside of the regulation arm of the U.S. government. That however had been the reason Stavo had acquired only ten acres of land in the countryside for a hefty price of $1 billion dollars. Why else would he pay such a ridiculous amount? Stavo and his partners had harvested most of the game from his area, but he knew how to keep a few for them to enjoy now and again.



After Onadd had conveyed the property, he stepped into the city and put Josho on his leash. In his most professional looking suit he strolled down the parkway with his dog, in search of Roger, the man who he envied the most, the man with his girl, and his life.



Inevitably they came in contact with the street, "Houndsen," and walked down it calmly because no one would recognize him anyway, and he did not look suspicious to himself. His mirror was somewhat old and broken, but good enough, he thought.



Within minutes he was at the door--controlling--manipulating. Could this be possible? Could it be this easy to get his life back? Then came the pounding from outside. It startled Onadd but he sprang with Josho not far behind at the running Roger.



But it was too late. The piece had gone off and a hole ripped through Onadd's left arm as he lunged with his right breaking Roger at his left in an instant of pure fury. As Josho hurriedly licked his face and wound simultaneously, things went gray...Josho hit the hallway wall covered with family pictures to the left and his yelp was the last thing Onadd heard. He had always loved that dog.





© Copyright 2013 Ross Huff (rosswrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1912275-Mystery-Onadd