*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1913610-The-Escape
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Sci-fi · #1913610
Vanna meets her target
Sighing, Vanna, her knees creaking, rose from the wooden chair. I'm getting too old for this type of life, she thought picking up the envelope someone had just slipped under her door. Going back to the table, she lit the candle, and sit back down on the chair. She opened the envelope Inside was the picture of a trooper, wearing a Federation uniform, a prepaid debit card, and a note. Here is your target, the words echoed in her mind. He will arrive at the spaceport early this afternoon. Make sure he doesn't leave this planet, My Sweet. Alfred.

That afternoon, she stood in the reception area of the spaceport watching Federation troops beaming to the surface. Finally, the trooper, accompanied by a command officer appeared. Smiling, she walked up to the group, "Welcome, to..." The commander turned to face her and a chill ran up her spine.

"Vanna," he laughed kissing her, "I was hoping you'd be here." He drew her into the group, "This is Gregory," he indicated her target.

"Your son," she paled.

"Our son," he said and Vanna fainted.

When she came around she was laying in sick bay staring up at Gregory and his father. "Larry, where are we," she ask the commander as she sit up.

"On my ship, Vanna, the war is over you're allowed on board now."

"Larry," she got up and pulled him to the side. "You can't let Gregory go planet-side, the Gray Hands have targeted him."

"Who's the hit..."

"Me!"

"You're going to my quarters, Vanna," he frowned, "You can use my ship to escape them." Then he activated his communicator, "Subcommander Lee, the Gray Hands are active on this planet. Begin beaming all personnel aboard immediately."


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1913610-The-Escape