*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1914554-Gods-of-Men-Chapter-5
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by TLK
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1914554
The Riukens find the location of the third shard of the Jade Crystal.
Gods of Men

Chapter 5


Back at the Zimile-Keita compound, Tgjan Kai sleeps in his room. Tgjan is tossing and turning in his bed. Sweat pours down his forehead and engulfs his face. He dreams about that day. The day the Hafflife took his family and his life away. He sees the images of Hafflife and the other Zollerans blasting away at the women and children and others who couldn’t fight back. He tries to help them in the dream but he can’t. He feels powerless and the dream reflects it. His brother Owen comes into the picture, the image of his brother stares right at him before he is blasted in the back by the Hafflife. The beam goes right thru him and he collapses slowly face first to the ground, dead. Tgjan begins to feel fear in his dream. The Hafflife walks slowly to him, Tgjan is frozen with fear. The Hafflife then unleashes a huge energy field with obliterates all in its path. In the dream Tgjan sees his family around him vaporize along with himself.

He wakes up quickly; he sits up and breathes heavily with sweat pouring down his face. He puts his hands over his face. Tgjan is still trembling from the images he saw in his dream.


At the other side of the compound outside in an open field with a wall of trees encircling it, Jessie is standing in the center meditating. She is concentrating her aura and becoming one with the Allpower. This is an exercise done by Riukens and Zollerans alike to hone their power. Over time it will make them stronger and more in tune with the Allpower. She takes in deep breaths and begins doing slow steady movements to harness her aura. The energy flows through her body and accumulates at the fingertips. A faint glow begins to shine from her hands as she continues with the movements. On the deck behind her the Elder walks out and observes her. Jessie continues her movements unaware of The Elder watching. She creates an energy orb very slowly in both of her hands while continuing her slow movements. She handles the orb gently making it flow with her movements. She then begins to think of the Hafflife and what he did to her family. Strong emotions begin to make its way into her concentration. The orb gets stronger as more energy gathers to it aided by her anger. The orb reaches its peak; Jessie pulls it back and then releases it with a violent throw that sends it flying in front of her toward the trees. It blasts through several before hitting another and completely exploding. After watching this, the Elder walks down towards Jessie. She turns to see him.

Jessie-
I was pretty focused for a while there. I kind of lost it at the end. I…my mind started to dwell on my cousin. Our family is gone. And he’s just locked up in his room not wanting to do anything. How can he not just…I want to kill them. I really want to kill them.

The Elder-
The demise of your enemies and revenge is not the outcome you should be focused on. Keeping an item of infinite power out of the hands of those that would use it to cause harm should be what you’re focused on.

Jessie-
Yeah, I understand. But I just can’t fathom Teej’s reaction right now.

The Elder-
Your cousin Tgjan now feels the burden of becoming the Patriarch of the Kai family after his brother was killed.

Jessie-
But he’s always been strong. I thought this would be the time for him to take the reins and just run with it. All his talk of combat and fighting, before he didn’t have a reason, he just wanted to. Now he should have legitimate motivation. I don’t know…I’ve never seen him like this.


The Elder-
The responsibility of being a Patriarch of a Riuken family is a process the first born is groomed for. Each first born male is prepared his entire life for that moment. To just all of a sudden be thrust into that position can be overwhelming. Coupled with the violent deaths of your family; his spirit feels broken and beaten. He needs time to recover. And we must wait for him.

Jessie-
I, I understand.

The Elder-
Come child. You should go with the others. We must get you ready for what lies ahead.


At a mountain range, far away from the Zimile-Keita compound. Built using the rocks on the mountainside as construction points is the temporary headquarters for the Hafflife and his Zollerans. The Hafflife stands on an enclosed deck looking to the outside. His base overlooks a large city down below. The city lights can be seen from there as the view looks like a clustered area of stars against the darkness. Scion isn’t too far back from Hafflife. He stands in the shadows. Purcell Janus comes out from inside the compound and heads over to Al’Tarik. Purcell then kneels before the Hafflife when he is in his presence.


Purcell-
My lord.

Al’Tarik-
(Still looking out at the city) Look at them. Scurrying around, going about their miniscule business. They are completely unaware of what takes place around them. Humans are such a disappointment.

Scion-
Always my lord, a very astute observation.

Al’Tarik-
Their minds are so easily corrupted. Just like clay, you can bend them into doing your will. Never forget that my young apprentice.

Scion-
Never, my lord.

Purcell-
Sir, I just wanted to know; what’s next?

Al’Tarik-
Not attaining the Kai’s crystal shard is not the end of the world. We can focus on that very, very soon. But first there is still another Riuken bloodline that possesses a crystal shard that has not yet taken to the battlefield. (He begins walking, both Scion and Purcell follow behind, Purcell closely behind and Scion a little further back.) They are the ones we will strike. They will not be ready and that will prove costly.

Purcell-
How do we know who is in possession of the shards?

Al’Tarik-
The Riukens will not be able to keep secrets from me. There are humans that know of our existence and many of them know they are ants compared to us. They wish to be our dogs when the world is ours. I will prove to be a much wiser leader then the current Elder of the Riukens. Prepare the others Purcell, we leave tonight.

Purcell-
It will be done my lord. (Walks out)

Al’Tarik-
My plan will shape the world for our people. When my time is up, you Scion will continue to lead the Zollerans into the future. The groundwork for your reign is being done in the present. The full force of the Allpower will guide you. This time it is on our side, I can feel it, guiding us to victory.



Back at the Zimile-Keita compound Rome, Ryannus, Zinagata, and Jessie prepare to use the Tempess to transport them to the Sekera family estate where the 3rd crystal shard is located. Ryannus, Jessie, and Rome are all standing on the Tempess deck ready to go. Zinagata is talking with the Elder as they walk down the steps heading toward the deck. While they talk Ryannus holds an orb in his hand used to power the Tempess.

The Elder-
All you four need to do is retrieve the Sekera’s shard of the Jade Crystal. The Allpower will guide you to their location. They are fellow Riukens, I expect they will cooperate. Bring the shard back here. I’m sure the Matriarch of the Sekera family, Madam Sekera will want one of their sons to accompany us against the Hafflife, as long as we have their shard piece.

Zinagata-
Okay, I understand.

The Elder-
You can trust Rome. He’s a capable leader with veteran experience. There is much you can learn being under his tutelage while he helps us.

Zinagata-
Yes father, thank you.

Ryannus places the orb in its slot in the middle of the deck. The orb begins to charge the Tempess as 2 pillars on the outside of the deck rise up and begins spinning around the deck creating energy.

Ryannus-
It’s ready.

Zinagata-
Alright, I have to go.

The Elder-
May the spirit of the Allpower guide you.

Zinagata runs unto the deck to stand with Ryannus. The pillars keep spinning and the energy keeps building up until it wraps around the 2 of them and shoots high into the air leaving a trail of lightning behind.

To Be Continued
© Copyright 2013 TLK (emb5092 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1914554-Gods-of-Men-Chapter-5