*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1912684-Gods-of-Men-Chapter-4
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by TLK
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1912684
The Zollerans continue to build their ranks while the humans get into the game.
Gods of Men
Chapter 4

In the dead of night sits a maximum security prison in an isolated mountain range. The outside of the building is made of stone and steel. It is incased in a fence and has a guard tower positioned high above for looking out. There is a searchlight also connected to the tower. Two guards walk along the walkway of the tower looking out of the ledges at the area around them. The guard walking on the side facing away from the compound continues to walk. Out of the corner of his eye he can see a bright light from afar. It looks just like a star twinkling in the night sky. Then the light gets bigger and bigger until the guard notices that it’s not a star and that it is coming straight for him. Before he can react that what he thinks it is it rips through him and the rest of the guard tower with an explosion of energy. The loud sound alerts all the other guards in the compound and the alarm is sound. The whole prison goes into lockdown as the guards swarm to grab their weapons and mobilize outside to see what is happening. There is a rumbling at the gates, the guards gather in front of it with guns drawn and ready to fire. The gates blow open with an energy blast and energy bombs rain in from the gate hole at the guards in the front. There are hundreds of shots taking guard after guard out of the fight. A few blasts are aimed at the base of the guard tower. The energy tears at the towers foundation and sends it tipping over. The tower smashes on top of the front of the compound and the front area that was littered with guards.

Once all the debris settles Hafflife and his Zollerans walk into the banged up compound. They walk through the empty corridors as the lights flicker on and off. The emergency power systems keep the cells lockout up and the prisoners inside. On both sides of the walls down the corridors are cell doors each with little windows. The prisoners, hearing all the commotions are all standing at their doors looking through their little windows. Hafflife and his men can faintly hear them yelling to them to set them free but they walk on. They get to a topless loading elevator that is still able to work. They all get on it and ride it down into the bowels of the compound. They know where they would keep a prisoner as dangerous as Zuberus; all the way at the bottom. The elevator finally stops close to several hundred feet down in the compound. They all get off and proceed down the only hallway on that level. There are cameras on both side of the hallway and two doors on each side of the hallway and one all the way down at the other end. The two side doors open up and 12 guards pour out with guns pointed.

Guard-
Don’t move!!

Al’Tarik-
Would you like to handle this, my apprentice?

Scion-
Yes, my liege.

Scion steps out and begins charging up. The energy starts to form around him. The guards who are baffled by what they are seeing have no idea how to react just yet. A glowing orb begins to form in Scion’s hand. The guards at this time acknowledge the threat and decide that only thing for them to do is fire.

Guard-
Fire!!


Gunfire breaks out and bullets fly towards the Zollerans, but as they get closer the bullets begin to disintegrate from the power that is being let off my Scion. The orb gets larger until it’s ready to be thrown. He blasts it at the guards who have nowhere to run. The blast hits them and all of the guards are annihilated in only a few seconds. Body parts and pieces and vaporized off as the energy erupts. After the smoke clears the Zollerans walk to the door at the end of the hallway. They burn themselves a whole through the door and walk through. Inside is an open room filled with cameras along the walls. Coming from off the ceiling are thick, steel, technology controlled restraints. Two for each arm, and one for the head for sedation of the prisoner. Hanging from those restraints is a smaller thinner man wrapped up tightly by binds. Some of his skin is showing and it’s a pale white.

Al’Tarik-
Zuberus Janus. Zolleran brother you are no longer a prisoner of these weak life forms.

He fires a blast up at the main spot of the metal restraints holding Zuberus. This destroys the computer system controlling the sedation and weakens the restraints. Beeps come from the machine signaling the backup power to restart the sedation system but Al’Tarik fires again completely destroying that.

A few seconds go by when Zuberus’ body begins to move. As each second goes by his moments get stronger and more pronounced. He then becomes strong enough to tear at his restraints. Hafflife and the others watch in anticipation. Zuberus starts to gather his energy to help him out of his restraints. The others can feel his energy gathering and it feels different. It feels darker. Some of them are visibly uncomfortable by the feel of this energy. Zuberus begins to shake the foundations of the restraints. The room beings to shake and the restraints start to break apart. Both his arms are ripped free as a huge force of energy emulating from Zuberus is unleashed throughout the room. It destroys the restraints, the head restraint, and breaks all the individual binds that were on Zuberus. He drops to the ground landing on his feet.

Hundreds of miles away at the Zimile-Keita compound The Elder sits at a table drinking tea and reading a book his ancestor’s wrote. Inside the book are secrets, writing and prophecies essential to the Riuken race. He is currently reading about the Heaven’s Tip spear when he feels a dark shift in the air. A new dark energy has been brought back into the world and he can sense this, he can feel this new presence in the Allpower even hundreds of miles away from the maximum security prison. He stands up and clutches his chest as if he is having a heart attack.


There is also a sheet covering the face of Zuberus that was placed on him by the guards. He faces Hafflife and the others and rips the sheet off his head revealing his pale face. Once they see this the others are shocked at what they can see.

Chris-
Holy shit.

Al’Tarik-
That is the embodiment of the awesome power of the Faycade Arts.


The Elder can feel this dark power stronger and stronger, he drops his tea and the cup shatters everywhere. He drops to one knee still clutching his chest. Sweating and a look of terror on his face as he knows exactly whose power he can sense.


Back at the Zimile-Keita compound and up in the sky clouds begin to form and swirl in one specific area of the sky. A swirling beam of light begins to form where the clouds gather. A bright light then races down and strikes the large round deck of the compound. Once the wind dissipates Ryannus, Zinagata, and now Rome can be seen standing in the center having just rode the Tempess back to the compound. The 3 of them begin to walk up the ramp of the deck and into the compound. They head into the room The Elder was in when he felt the energy of Zuberus. Zinagata goes in first the other two follow and just see the shatter tea cup and spilled tea lying on the floor. They then look up to see the Elder sitting in a chair staring off into nothing with an intense look on his face.)

Zinagata-
Father? What…what happened?

Zinagata’s voice breaks his trance. He looks up at them and sees Rome with.

The Elder-
Augustos Rome…welcome.

Zinagata-
What happened in here?

The Elder stands up and walks over to the big open windows in the room. He looks out and gazes at the tree line.

The Elder-
I sensed a tremor in the Allpower. It was dark…very dark. It was an energy I haven’t felt since…

Ryannus-
It wasn’t the Hafflife was it?

The Elder-
No. While his energy is powerful it is nowhere near as dark. I felt the presence of a Practitioner of the Faycade Arts; Zuberus Janus.

Ryannus-
I’ve heard of him, the goddamn devil isn’t he?

Rome-
You have no idea. The Faycade arts, what it’s capable of.

Jessie-
I want to hear this too.

The Elder, Zinagata, Ryannus, and Rome all look towards the door to see Jessie standing there.

Jessie-
I want to help.

The Elder-
Well all of you need to listen carefully then; Zuberus Janus is the only Zolleran alive trained in the cerebral art of Faycade. The Faycade Arts are as ancient as they are destructive. A practitioner can use their aura and channel it through their mind. Their aura being centered around their brain allows them much greater control and usage of their frontal lobe allowing them to not only connect their subconscious with another, but to control it. The Faycade Arts allows you to control whomever you wish just like a puppet. All they need to do is stare right into your eyes to penetrate deep into your mind. To combat this foe, you will require higher training.

Rome-
Well now you absolutely need my help. These 3, these guys are way too young to be able to handle anything like this. With my experience and my knowledge of the Allpower I have a better chance.

The Elder-
I agree.

Rome-
It’s settled then. Now…the crystal shard. (He reaches into his cloak to summon out the shard, it floats overtop of his hand. The green glow of it is captivating.) This is what they’ve been after Guillome. They want to repair the Jade Crystal.

Jessie-
The Jade Crystal? I know the piece you’re holding came from the Kai bloodline but I had no idea it was just a piece of something larger.

The Elder-
Yes, in an attempt limit the knowledge of this potentially earth-shaking weapon many Riukens know very little about the Jade Crystal, just the leaders. All those charged with protecting the shards really knew is that they were pieces that needed to be kept safe from the Zollerans. The Jade Crystal is an ancient rock infused with the largest concentration of Allpower an inanimate object has ever had. The Zollerans used this in the war against us more than 2000 years ago. It was the source of their power, it was what drove them. The Riukens used all of their resources possible to stop the Zollerans, including the Heaven’s tip which was wielded by one of the greatest Riuken warriors. They succeeded. To weaken the Zollerans for the foreseeable future, we took their power. The crystal was then broken into 3 pieces and given to the 3 leaders of the Riuken race for their bloodlines to protect. The Kais received one. (He turns to the bookcase on his left and directs a small amount of his energy towards it. The bookcase raises itself in the air to reveal and chamber behind it. Inside you can see a glowing green shard, much like the one Rome has now.) The Zimile-Keitas were given another. (He then turns around to face Ryannus) And the Jokkenins were given the last piece.


Zinagata-
So Hafflife’s plan is a failure. We all already possess the pieces.

Ryannus-
Not…so fast.

Zinagata-
What?

Ryannus-
We don’t have it, anymore.

The Elder-
Your family…they never said anything about this.

Ryannus-
It’s not something were proud about. But we’re no longer considered in the elite Riuken class.

Zinagata-
Why did this happen?

Ryannus-
I don’t know if any of you know this but the Jokkenins have always been trouble-makers, putting it lightly. We’ve always had a problem with a certain douche-bag family. The Sekeras. It’s been a rivalry since the 1500s when they tried to enslave some my ancestors, the human ones, back when things were quiet on the Riuken vs. Zolleran front. They’ve always been selfish, and they prey on others. The Sekeras are more Zolleran than Riuken if you ask me.

Rome-
Stick to the point.

Ryannus-
Relax, I’m getting there. So we have a little rivalry. Members on both sides died, but we really took it to a whole different level in the 1800s. During that year the patriarch of the Jokkenin’s first born was killed. He was only 12. Some Sekera guy thought it would be fun to jump this kid while he was walking to town. Along the lines of “who does this black child think he is going to school?” Needless to say our family was pissed. So we went after them in downtown Chicago, just basically started a whole damn war in the city. Both families battled for two days. We won. Damn near wiped them out. A pregnant Sekera woman and a few others escaped so they lived on. But our fight…we caused the deaths of over 300 innocent people. We’re not proud of that.

Jessie-
Wait a minute…1800s? Was this 1871? Did your family start the Chicago Fire? Geez, unnecessary really?

Ryannus-
Yeah well, the fire story was a cover up. Primans were still laying low. In any case the Elder wasn’t happy. In addition to some of the other things the Jokkenins were into, we’re troublemakers. To punish my family they took our piece of the Crystal shard and gave it to the Sekeras, of course. Not like that was a better choice.

Zinagata-
So the Sekera’s have it? Well we need to go get it from them. If the Hafflife knew the Kais had it…

The Elder-
Then he may know the Sekera’s do as well.

Zinagata-
Then that’s where we need to go next.

Jessie-
I’m coming.

Ryannus-
Great, now we get to see some asshole Sekeras.

The Elder-
Attain the last piece, as long as we’re in possession of the weapon it cannot be used as such.

Outside the room in the hallway is Tgjan. He has been standing up against the wall listening to every word.


In the dead of night inside the White House, the president is sleeping in his bedroom. On the drawer next to his side of the bed, his emergency line phone rings. The president begins to stir awake. He reaches over a grabs the phone.

President-
(sleepily) President Vaughn here. (Hears what is being saying to him on the phone) What?

The President hearing some urgent news gets up and gets dressed. Once he’s finished he heads outside where there is a car waiting for him. He gets inside and is driven several miles to a military compound. The car is able to roll through security and drive down into the lower levels of the compound. Once they arrive, the President and two other men inside the car got out and began walking to a security door. It’s a very large metal door with cameras on the side and two soldiers guarding in front. One of the two men swipes a security card and all 3 go inside. They all walk down a hallway with lighting on the ceiling and then walk into another room using the swipe card. Inside stand two men in suits sitting down at a long table. The room is surrounded by glass windows that are tinted, nobody present in the room can see thru them. On top of a table sit’s a file labeled “classified.” The President goes inside the room and sits down while the two men that accompanied him stand guard outside. Inside the room…

The President-
I hope that this is extremely urgent.

Man 1 in Suit-
We wouldn’t have woken you up Mr. President if it wasn’t. My name is Cole. This is Buchanan. (Motions to the man next to him) We were sent here from the Department of Defense. We have something you need to see. (Pushes the file towards the President)

The President picks in up and opens the file and begins reading.

Cole-
About 90 minutes ago a maximum security prison on US soil was attacked, and an extremely dangerous prisoner was set free. Zuberus Janus.

The President-
I’ve never heard about such a man.

Cole-
His existence along with everything else has been kept secret from a lot of people in this government. What I’m about to tell you, and what you’re about to read only 3 other presidents knew; FDR, Truman, and Reagan. (President begins reading the file again) Zuberus Janus is part of a larger phenomenon, dubbed the Super Human phenomenon.

The President-
“Super Human?”

Cole-
In that file you will see documented reports of the existence of humans possessing more power than were scientifically thought possible. They’re stronger, faster, possess great energy…

The President-
(Looking thru the file and seeing the evidence of super humans with his own eyes) My god…

Cole-
We think they’ve been around for about as long as we have, the first documented case of Super Human activity was recorded in 1902 but if we look back further at certain events a case can be made for super human involvement all throughout history.

The President-
This is…this is unbelievable.

Cole-
The United States government has worked with these Super Humans before and during WWII. You see they’re broken up into two different races; the Riukens and the Zollerans. What made the Nazis so powerful at the beginning of the war was they’re super human agents; the Zollerans. When the Riukens got wind of this they jumped at the chance to help the Allies. Of course this was all kept secret from the public. A Riuken actually ended the war. The premise of the atom bomb was built to emulate the explosive energy these super humans had inside them. The Riukens said that the Zollerans would have and will always have a lust for power and that they will be there to stand in their way. Zuberus Janus is a Zolleran we first dealt with back in 1970. He was in Vietnam just toying with us. He wasn’t on the side of the Vietcong, he just like to demolish our forces. He had a power that was different from most others. He attacks the mind. Turned soldiers against each other, just basically controlled people like puppets. That’s really the reason we had to pull out.

The President-
These people have had an impact all throughout time. If this got out all the history books would have to be rewritten. This is monumental.

Cole-
This isn’t news to us Mr. President. After we pulled out of Vietnam we enlisted the services of the Riukens again. They went into Vietnam and captured Zuberus. They brought him back here and we had him locked away hopefully for the rest of his life. But it seems like they age slower than we do as well. A security camera captured the footage of the break out. (He stands up and plays the footage on a lap top that he brings up from the floor and places on the table. He turns it on the reveal the footage of beams flying at guards and vaporizing them before the footage cuts out.)

The President-
Good god…

Cole-
As you can see from this he was broken out by other Zollerans. They’re making their moves against us once again.

The President-
Well then the Riu--the Riukens, we need their help again.

Cole-
This dependence our country has on the Riukens is a mistake in my opinion. Especially with the One World Nation summit coming up in 2 days. All the world’s leaders will be here to attempt to unify the Earth in a common goal. You’ve worked too hard for this Mr. President. It’s a risk, all those leader’s lives, bringing them together in one area if the Zollerans decide to attack. We’re completely at their mercy when it comes to the threat of super humans and that is never a something a strong country should allow. We need to learn to handle these problems ourselves. Who’s to say that one day the Riukens decide not to help? So we have been planning and developing a solution. We have a final solution in mind, but unfortunately it isn’t ready just yet. But we do Mr. President, have a temporary solution.



He walks to the tinted windows in the room and flips a switch, the windows clear to reveal and huge hangar right next to the room and in that hangar stands a huge mobile battle suit. It is a bulky suit with think limbs and is made of gray steel and has a large cannon over its back. Its shoulders are open with grenade launchers strung throughout. Each of its hands are huge blasters. MS-001A reads on the chest of the suit. The President looks at this suit it awe.

Cole-
Amazing isn’t it?

The door behind him opens and in walks a soldier in a pilot’s uniform. The President and Cole turn to face him. The pilot walks over and salutes them both.

Cole-
This is Major Edward Mullen and he will be the pilot of MS-001A.

Major Mullen-
It is an honor to serve you sir. (He reaches out to shake the President’s hand)

The President-
It seems like the decisions were already done without my authorization.

Cole-
I’m sorry Mr. President, but the DoD has always handled the super human situation on its own.

The President-
Well whatever the case, it looks like this is your call. All I ask is that you keep the world leaders safe for the Summit.

Cole-
Yes Mr. President, it will be done.

To Be Continued


© Copyright 2013 TLK (emb5092 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1912684-Gods-of-Men-Chapter-4