*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1915290-An-Angelic-Answer-A-true-story
Rated: E · Short Story · Spiritual · #1915290
When you send up a prayer, Angels answer!
         Around January 12th, I lost my silver cross necklace. It was a Christmas gift last year from my husband, so I was very concerned. Even after cleaning up our apartment, we didn't find it. I was afraid it had accidentally fallen into a throw-away bag and was now lost forever.
         Flash forward to January 15th. I'm leaving work, and I pause to read a magazine, Woman's World, specifically one of my favorite articles: Guardian Angel Stories. They're all about how angels have intervened in people's lives. This particular installment was about a woman who's daughter was given an angel necklace charm, that later got lost. The woman avoided the friend who had given her the charm, afraid to face her. One day, she was sitting in her kitchen and thought about the charm with a hopeful wish that it be found. And lo and behold, she saw something gleaming at her through the fallen winter snow so brightly that she noticed it above all the fallen icicles from her kitchen window. It was the angel charm, safe and sound even after so many days! I had to smirk,and thought "Ok, angels, I could really use some help finding my cross." I put the magazine back and went home.
         Now, I play tabletop RPG nearly daily with my husband. We sat down for the day's session, and opened my dice box, reaching for a dice to roll as I'd been instructed.
         And there was my necklace!
         Now, my dice box was never near where I always put my necklace. In fact they are usually kept about a yard or two apart.. And I'd opened it every day since the necklace had gone missing, rummaged through it, seen the bottom repeatedly. There was no way I could have missed the silver chain and pendant. Yet there it was, safe and sound. For a moment I was baffled, then I remembered my thought, and I knew it was an angelic answer.
© Copyright 2013 Gelendra (gelendra at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1915290-An-Angelic-Answer-A-true-story