*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1915298-Faith-in-the-Clouds
Rated: E · Short Story · Spiritual · #1915298
What I saw in the sky one Sunday morning commuting home.
         It was a spring Sunday morning perhaps six or so years ago. I work nights five days a week, one of which is Saturday Night-Sunday Morning, so at current I was driving the hour-long commute home. I'd recently gotten a new Michael W. Smith CD and was happily singing along, learning the music as I drove.
         I'm not sure which part caught my attention first. Maybe it was the white-on-blue. Maybe it was seeing a familiar formation seen only once before. Whatever it was, a trip of large, white, fluffy clouds drew my eyes up and to the right, and instantly shut up my singing.
         They were in a perfect equilateral triangle formation. On the lower right corner, a familiar shape: a bird on it's side in flight, a form I'd seen (ironically) on a Sunday morning many years previous when I'd stepped out of a drugstore after church, having bought a new VHS to record a favorite TV show. On the lower left, a slender-legged quadrapedial animal with a triangular head, looking backwards over it's shoulder and seemingly at me, identical sans staff to the Lamb of Christ I'd seem pictures so many time before. One front leg was even raised as if to hold the banner. And at the pinnacle of the triad... a cupped right hand, thumb towards me, cradling a crawling infant.
         Never have I felt such a powerful shock run through me! The shapes were so defined there was no mistaking what I was seeing. I continued to drive, oddly the thought of stopping never entering my mind, darting my eyes between road and sky and desperately wishing for a camera! And before my eyes, the lamb's head moved! Nothing of any of the other clouds shifted the tiniest bit save that one part, twisting up and around to 'look' up at the hand.
         I was able to keep an eye on them until I got to the apartment I shared with my husband. Other than the one time, none of them changed positions or lost any of their definition. I lost them between the buildings by the time I parked, but ran inside and drew furiously, capturing what I'd seen while explaining it to my husband. He was a bit of a skeptic of the event, but I know what it was. It was a sign of faith, written for me in the clouds.
© Copyright 2013 Gelendra (gelendra at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1915298-Faith-in-the-Clouds