*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1916981-Good-Girl-Gone-Bad
Rated: · Other · Other · #1916981
Maya, my character, finally discovers the nice side to a shy boy.
Hi, I'm Maya, just your regular 17 year old girl. I have long dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. Most people wouldn't say I'm one of the populars, only some people actually took the time to know me. So enough with the bio, lets get started.

Chapter 1:

I was walking down another long hallway in Lincoln High School, with my best friend Allie. We were both going to Health 3, so we walked together, as usual. Once we got to health class and everyone was seated, Mr. James, our health teacher, immediately pulled up a power point and got started. After class, everyone gathered in the large gym for an assembly where the principle would announce who he had picked to design the prom posters and decorations. We all took our seats and waited for him to begin, all so excited that we may be picked.
"Welcome, thank you for coming." Principle Hamilton said, "I would like to announce the decorators and designers of the posters and decorations. This year, we have chosen..... Maya Lima and Zayn Malik."
Me and Zayn walked down the bleachers and met up with Mr. Hamilton in front of the large crowd. He handed me the microphone.
"Thank you so much, Mr. Hamilton! I promise I won't let you down. Prom is going to be amazing!" I said, full of excitement. I was truly excited that I had been picked. I handed the microphone to "Badboy" Zayn. Zayn was wearing a green "YOLO" t-shirt with a black leather jacket, and blue jeans, that were sagging. He wore Adidas high-tops that were dark blue and light gray. He had silver earrings in his ears, and the front of his hair was raised, with hair gel.
"What she said." He announced to the crowd. I can't believe him. Once I stopped thinking about how excited I was, and remember that I had to work with Zayn, it didn't seem so fun anymore. The whole crowd laughed, and Zayn went back to his seat in the bleachers. I took my seat, as well.
During free period, I had to find Zayn in the hallway of tall high-schoolers to tell him where to meet me after school. When I finally found him, I ran down the hallway so that I could catch him before he walked away.
"Large gym after school." I said, out of breath.
"Sorry, but I'm not interested." He joked.
"It's not a date." I said, " We need to get a head start. We have 6 weeks. We need to start now." I said.
"We don't need to start now! This is five weeks, and 6 days too early!" He complained.
"I don't know how you do things, but I put effort into my work, and don't do them last minute." I said.
"Whatever. See you at 3." He said as he slammed his locker and left.
I was going to have to make this work, I thought to myself. A few minutes later, Allie caught up with me in the hallway.
"Hayyy." She said.
"Hey!" I said.
"So, you excited?" She asked.
"Well, of course I am! But I have to work with Zayn." I complained.
"He's not that bad...I mean, he's cute, and has pretty eyes..." She dozed off.
"Allie! Allie? Sorry to interrupt your fantasy, but he's a slacker, and doesn't put any effort into anything." I said.
"And he's a badboy..." She continued.
"Why do I talk to you?" I asked. I walked away, and she didn't even notice.
After school, I waited for Zayn, but he was 20 minutes late. When he finally showed up he came in and pulled out his iPhone. I ran over to him and yanked it out of his hands, putting it in my back pocket.
"Where were you? You're 20 minutes late!" I yelled angrily.
"I was busy... not caring." He said.
"You need to take this seriously." I said.
He laughed and said, "Okay, okay, I get it."
"No, you obviously don't. This may not be important to you, but it's important to me." I said.
"I'm sorry..." He trailed off. I couldn't believe he was actually apologizing.
"It's okay, Now, lets get started." I said. I lead him over towards the art table that had everything you would need to design a rough draft prom poster. It had pencils, colored pencils, markers, crayons, rulers, scissors, erasers, and a tracer for the letters.
"Okay. Lets get started." He said. I gave him the prom theme, and gave him some examples of things to include like stars, and moons, and dark colors. As Zayn worked on the rough draft prom poster, I went to the back and started connecting streamers to big golden stars. After about an hour and a half, I went to check on the poster he had drawn.
"It's perfect!" I said.
"Thanks." He seemed really happy that he had been complimented on his artwork. The poster had 3D stars and cursive print that said "Starry Night" with the date, time, and place of the prom. There were streamers and little decorations like bowties and corsages in the background.
"It's beautiful!" I said, "Tomorrow we will show it to Mr. Hamilton, and if he likes it, we will get them printed up. Okay, It's getting late, I should head home. Here's my number, in case anything comes up, text me."
"Okay." He said as he was already half way out the door.

"Hey!" My mum, Dianne, said as I walked through the door.
"Hey." I said.
"How was school?" She asked.
"Good. Mr. Hamilton is letting me and a boy named Zayn design the prom décor and posters!" I said.
"Oh, hunnie, that's great." She said, as she hugged me and kissed my forehead.
"But Zayn has no work ethic, whatsoever, he doesn't care about anyone or anything but himself." I said.
"Well, you'll just have to make do with what you've got." My mum said.
"Thanks for the advice, I have to go do some homework. I have a lot." I said as I ran up the stairs.

I went in my room and took out my Health 3 text book and my study guide, after I finished that, I wrote my paper for history that's due in 2 days. Then, I read a chapter of my science book.
"Finally done." I said, as I got an IM from Allie on Facebook.

Allie: Hay, gurl, hayyy.
Me: Hayy.
Allie: Sorry that I zoned out in school today...
Me: Ya, what was that about... do you like him?
Allie: No, I just think he's cute, cuz he is.
Me: I guess
Allie: I gtg, dinner, ttyl :)
Me: Bye :)

I guess I was going to have to make this thing work with Zayn, he's all I had to work with.
"Dinner." My little brother, Vincent, who is 11, said as he barged in my room.
"Be right down." I said. After dinner, I got in the shower and blow dried my hair. Afterwards, I painted my nails a bright blue, and straightened my hair, so that it would be an easy touch-up in the morning. After dinner, I went to my room and fell asleep to Pretty Little Liars.
When I got up in the morning, I had an apple and Cheerios. Afterwards, I straightened my hair, brushed my teeth and washed my face. I changed into my Adele shirt and black skinny jeans with my grey Uggs. I threw on some makeup, and left for school.
Later on, I was getting my books out of my locker for my classes, and Allie ran up to my locker, shutting the door.
"Oh my god! Oh my god! Guess who just asked me to prom!" She said, probably peeing her pants at the moment.
"Who?" I asked.
"Riley Carthy!" She said.
"Oh, that's great.." I said. I was happy for her, but I hadn't been asked to prom and probably wasn't going to.
"Someone will ask you. It's six weeks away!" She said.
"I am happy for you." I said.
"Thanks, but, who knows, maybe Adam will ask you." She said.
"Yeah right." I said, doubting the fact that Adam would like me.
"Have some confidence in yourself. In my opinion, you're the prettiest girl here, boys are just to stupid to notice." She said.
"Thanks." I said.
After school, Zayn was 15 minutes late to the art room.
"Why are you just getting here?" I asked, mad.
"I don't know." He said, I could see the lack of respect in his face.
"You need to be here on time, you need to put effort into this. Maybe it's not important to you, but a lot of other people are counting on us to make this night perfect." I said.
"I don't get what the big deal about prom is." He said.
"It's this one perfect night, that you'll remember forever." I said.
"Whatever." He said, "Lets show this thing to the big guy."
"The big guy? You mean, Mr. Hamilton." I asked.
"Hey, hate to burst your bubble but, tomato, tamato." He said.
I wanted to punch him in his gut.
"Whatever." I said. I walked out the doors of the art room and down the halls into the office.
"What do you think?" I said, showing Mr. Hamilton the posters.
"They're fabulous. Great job." He said complimenting the art work.
"Is there any way, we can get someone else to help me.." I trailed off.
"No. Zayn may seem bad, but he has all passing grades." He said.
"It's not about his grades, it's his attitude!" I said.
"Ummm, his father passed away a few days ago." He said.
"Oh, I, I'm sorry. I will give him a shot." I said.
"Okay. Now lets get these posters printed!" Mr. Hamilton said excitedly.
I walked back to the art room to see Zayn making streamers.
"Hey." I said.
"Oh, uh, hey." He said, I noticed that he had removed his shirt and had his t-shirt around his neck. He had a really, really nice six-pack. Stop it, I told myself.
"Lets get this posters printed!" I said, trying not to stare.
"Okay." He said.
We came back to the art room, all the posters printed and ready to be hung up, and that was tomorrow mornings' job.
"We will hang these up tomorrow." I said, admiring how beautiful they looked.
"Okay, well, is it about time to call it a night?" He asked, anxiously waiting to leave.
"Yeah." I said, I went to grab my stuff, and Zayn walked over to grab his coat, and a picture fell out of his coat pocket.
"Who's this?" I asked, as I quickly snatched the picture before Zayn could.
"That's.... my dad." He said.
"Oh." I said.
"He, uh-" I stopped him.
"You don't have to say it, I know." I said.
"Oh." He said.
"I'm sorry." I said.
I could see tears filling his eyes and he said, "It's fine." and left the room.
I suddenly regretted asking. He did have a heart, and I could tell that his dad meant a lot to him. I took one last look at the decorations and left.

© Copyright 2013 gabbyirishstylesUK (gabby1dstyles at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1916981-Good-Girl-Gone-Bad