*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1917003-Monkey-Business
by OOT™
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1917003
Mark is intrigued by a monkey at the pet store.
Picture for a story


"I don't want a puppy. I want the monkey!"

Mark's mother was becoming exasperated. She had finally given in to his constant requests for a pet. At this point, she didn't have much of a choice. His room was cleaner than it had ever been, his grades were exemplary and he hadn't misbehaved in months. Still, a monkey?

"Why don't you just take a look at the puppies, dear? You wouldn't be able to take proper care of a monkey..."

A pet store employee heard the conversation and hurried over. "Monkeys are actually easier to take care of than dogs. We have a list that tells you everything you'll need to know." He definitely wasn't helping her plight.

Reluctantly, she looked over at the monkey. The picture of serenity, he was wrapped around a rope in the corner of the store, eyes closed with a content smile.

"Please, mom?" Mark looked up at her with pleading eyes.

"Well, ok, but you have to..."

"Don't worry! I'll take the best care of him ever! You won't even know he's around!" Mark was giddy with joy.

As the employee ushered them to the counter to complete the paperwork, the monkey opened its piercing beady eyes. Just a few more minutes. Then, the fun can really begin. A nearby rabbit shrank to the back of its cage in horror as the monkey put its sadistic plans into action.
© Copyright 2013 OOT™ (outoftouch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1917003-Monkey-Business