*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1917049-The-Will-to-Survive-Chapter-Five
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Other · Dark · #1917049
A group of survivors face a new enemy.
Texas, January Sixth, 2016

The three survivors made their way through what was once Austin, now just a rotting hellhole. The three were dressed in simple pants and shirts, one was tall, Hispanic, he seemed to lead the group he carried an assault rifle. Next to him would be another Hispanic, shorter about five foot, and bald, he carried a simple bat. Lastly was an woman, German heritage, slightly taller than the bat man, she held a colt python.

Watching from a nearby rooftop was a monster; it stood well over seven feet but hunched back, even at that height however, it was huge. Its arms were lanky with huge hands that had five claws growing out of them. Its skin was not rotten like most of the beasts; it appeared smooth and un-decayed, even with its dead eyes. For clothes it wore black armor, it covered the creature’s entire body except for his head, and clawed hands. The armor had tiny spikes growing all over it with four huge spikes coming out of the shoulders.

After studying them for several minutes he dived. Despite his large size he was graceful as he fell towards the street landing with a roll. It quickly ran to a street corner and sought out the group of people.

“Shit, they keep coming!” The short man yelled as he hit one down, the second in the last five minutes.

The women brought her revolver up and shot three times, equally putting three biters down. The man with the assault rifle was dead, his gun unreachable as the dead drove them away from his corpse. She gestured to the other man to run to the nearby store. They made a dash and when they got to it they found it was locked with a padlock, she shot it off and leapt inside. The man was grabbed by a biter and pulled out; there was nothing she could do. She just closed the door and braced what she could against it.

As the dead were about to rip into him they suddenly stopped, just stood staring at him with their dead eyes. Finally he was lifted from them by his neck. Something seemed to be pricking his neck; he noticed that the hand holding him had small thorn-like needles sticking out of them.

After what seemed like an hour but was only seconds the beast holding him up finally spoke.

“Human, your kind continues to fight the end of this world” It spoke with an other-worldly voice

“What the hell are you?” The man yelled as he stared into the monsters dead eyes.

“Malphas” Was the entirety of what the demon said as it crushed the man’s neck.

The woman looked around the store that she had just barricaded herself in. It was some kind of clothing store; small businesses had a way of popping up around here. Suddenly there was pounding on the door; the monsters were obviously done with her ally. She looked for a way out, she spotted a back door but it was locked.

The dead broke in, she quickly shot three more biters but than was out. The reminding dead ones made their way in the store. When they reached the women she fought against them, but had been bitten in the fight. They dragged her down as she yelled.
© Copyright 2013 Michael E (death6997 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1917049-The-Will-to-Survive-Chapter-Five