*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1919702-Query-for-Fitz-the-Funny-Chicken
by kat
Rated: E · Other · Contest Entry · #1919702
My Query Letter for Fitz the Funny Chicken Created for the Hook Us survey
Kathy Wright
4006 N Westwood Ln.
Spokane, WA 99224
(307)851-9756
(509)624-3230
Katsbooks72@yahoo.com



Dear Editor,

The wacky characters of my new series will capture young readers and make them anxious to get their hands on the next book. Fitz the Funny Chicken and her friends teach simple lessons to children through their experiences around the farm. The repetitive text and fun illustrations will engage young readers and have them quoting the words in no time. Working with children I have noticed a need for books that teach about self-esteem, being kind to our friends, being careful, and other valuable lessons that children need to grasp early in life to be successful. I have catered my books to just this audience. As a teacher I had the insight to include fun facts that will intrigue the young reader as well as using cartoon illustrations for the story and pictures of the real farm animals on the fun facts pages.
In my new book Fitz the Funny Chicken children follow Fitz on her adventures around the farm. As she meets each animal they ask her what is wrong with her hair. Her response teaches young children about self-esteem. No matter what anyone else says or thinks, you are beautiful even if you are different. The full color illustrations will draw even the youngest child to this book. Fitz the Funny Chicken is the first in the barnyard series teaching simple lessons to children. Each book will include funny facts about the main character in the book. This gives the book an educational element while still being entertaining and fun. My children love the books and I know that other children will too.
Fitz the Funny Chicken is a full color picture book. It is 26 pages long and includes fun facts about chickens. I have created adorable, unique illustrations that will entertain the youngest reader. The repetitive text will stick with children and make it easy for them to retain the messages intended for them to learn. This same repetition will make it easy for children to read the book by memorizing the text and referring to the illustrations, thus, giving even emergent readers the feeling of success with reading. The fun facts at the end of the book will entertain older readers but can be enjoyed a little at a time by younger readers.
This book will appeal to a wide variety of readers and can easily be marketed to schools for the learning aspects of it. Because of the wide range of the target audience of this book it will be able to be marketed to schools, book stores, childcare centers, and youth organizations. It will appeal to teachers as well as parents because of the messages contained in it. Fitz the Funny chicken is the first book in a series of books teaching children about life lessons, as well as about farm animals. This makes the book more marketable because there are more books to follow. Fitz the Funny Chicken has the potential to become the next best seller along with the Pete the Cat books! By choosing to publish my book you will be choosing to be a part of the next best thing in children’s literature. I look forward to hearing from you soon.



Sincerely,


Kathy Wright
celavi72@yahoo.com
(307)851-9756
© Copyright 2013 kat (katsbooks72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1919702-Query-for-Fitz-the-Funny-Chicken