*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1920003-La-Volpe
by Ash
Rated: 18+ · Novel · History · #1920003
The beginning, will add more.
“Don’t stop.” I murmur, bucking my hips, unable to control my desire.
         “Not until you beg,” she whispers back, tonguing my ear lobe lightly. My breath catches and I scrape my nails down her back, satisfied by her gasp. She pushes in deeper and I begin to feel it building....
         Thud. “Ouch, what the hell?” I sit up quickly rubbing my sore head.
         “Ha! Get up putana! You were dreaming again, and I’ve had enough of your moans tonight. If you want me so bad all you have to do is ask!”
         “Suck it Cesare, I wouldn’t touch you with a ten foot pole!” I rise up gingerly and look out the grimy window. Dusk is falling, time to go to work. I grab my bag and hat and head out into the Venetian air, breathing in the scent of water, dirt, and human life. Cesare and I head to the well where we usually get our assignment, I can barely keep up with him; he seems to have an extra hop in his step tonight.
         “Seeing someone tonight, amico?” I ask with a curious grin.
         “Perhaps, not that it’s your business.” He jokes good naturedly. “The women of Venice can only survive so long without my affections.” I laugh and push his arm as we enter the courtyard.
         “Alessandra! Cesare! Finally, we have been waiting for ages!” We are greeted warmly.
         “My apologies, Pietro. La Volpe, here wouldn’t get out of bed!” Cesare smirked.
         “We shall have to start calling her the sloth instead of the fox,” Pietro chuckled.
         “Enough you two! What is the plan for tonight?” If I let these two keep going we will be here all night!
         “Alright, alright,” Pietro leads us to a small table where our other brethren sit. “Tonight we will cover St. Croce and the St. Marco districts. Cesare take these twelve, Alessandra and I will take the others to St. Marco. Happy hunting!”
         We waste no time as my “brothers” and I assemble around Pietro and head out for the night’s adventures. Being the only girl in such a rough group is both a blessing and a curse. I am probably the safest girl in Venice but I am also constantly monitored and underestimated. Tonight I intend to sneak away to work on my own, hopefully I can collect enough to prove I can handle myself.
         The tall spires of the basilica appear as we round a corner and with a blink my group disappears. We spread out silently, wishing each other luck with firm nods. Pietro begins to follow me but I scramble up a nearby pipe and hop onto the next roof. He is certainly better at our work but I am much faster. Within minutes I have lost him and am truly on my own. I retake the street and begin scanning for possible prey. I pick off a few merchants heading home for the night but I need a bigger target.
         Suddenly I freeze. Her light brown hair floats around a perfectly sculpted face. My eyes linger on her full lips and drift back up to her dark eyes. I pull myself away and examine her garb. A full dress envelopes what I imagine to be a petite shape and attendants scurry around her, clearly alarmed that the lady is out so late. I shake my head and let out a shaky breath, this could be it. The big moment I have been waiting for. I walk by her group once at an average speed and quickly assess the situation. The attendant on her left has a purse on his hip, and the lady herself carries a small sack in her hands. She seems agitated and distracted as do her servants. Perfect. I double back down an alley way, put my hair up in my hat, and flip my shirt around to appear as a new person. I slowly amble closer to the excited group until I am just behind the money attendant.
         “...honestly Sergio,” the beautiful woman protested. “I see no reason why I cannot be out this late. My father worries too much, you will see us home safe.” She flashes a dazzling smile and I stifle a laugh. She is clearly trying to appease him.
         “Nonsense, my lady,” he replies sternly. “We must return to the palazzo immediately before your father has my head.”
         I sidle up beside “Sergio” and cut the strings on his pouch quickly, catching the bag softly so the coins do not clink together. I melt into a side alley and count my prize quickly. Yes! More than enough to impress the boys. However the lady herself was holding a bag....what riches might that hold? Am I good enough to retrieve it?
         Slipping back out into the flow of people headed home, I catch back up to the group. They have noticed nothing amiss. I slip my hat off, let my hair fall around my shoulders and unbutton my shirt slightly. Making my way next to the lady I fall violently to the ground. “Oh!” I cry, crashing down.
         As expected she stops abruptly, “Oh my, are you alright?” She reaches down and gently takes my hand.
         “Si, Madonna,” I answer, playing up my dizziness. “Just embarrassed.”
         “Here let me help you,” she pulls me to my feet, and I bow low.
         “Thank you my lady. I am sorry to have bothered you with my clumsiness.”
         Sergio is a street smart fellow and eyes me suspiciously. “Come my lady, let us leave.” He urges distrustfully.
         “Hold Sergio, let us make sure she is unharmed.” She looks me up and down lingering on my hips and breasts, or is it my imagination? I blink and her eyes are back on mine. “How are you?” She seems genuinely concerned.
         “Fine Madonna, thank you.” I lay my hand on hers gently in feigned appreciation. My other hand slips to her side where she has hooked her bag. I lean forward, my lips inches from hers as I unhook it smoothly. “It was an honor to meet so beautiful a lady. I will not soon forget you.”
         She smiles shyly and I bound into the darkness of the alley. Within a few minutes I hear her shout. I can’t help but laugh as I head back towards the well.


         
© Copyright 2013 Ash (wildcatpride14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1920003-La-Volpe