*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1920511-Dark-Hatred
by Fuyu
Rated: 18+ · Other · Dark · #1920511
Even the good can hold dark secrets.
Sitting in her room alone, Green, a straight A student works on her computer to get her homework done. She is a hard working person, doesn't do anything wrong. She volunteers at a local homeless shelter that is a couple of blocks down from where she lives by helping with the cooking and passing out the food to the homeless. She enjoys her classes and teachers as well as her fellow class mates. She helps her class mates when they do not understand what is going on or when someone is bullying them. She never turns a blind eye to them. Green is what some would call the perfect child who will make it big in this world someday. As she is typing on her computer a paper for her English teacher, she can hear him start to yell again. Only this time he was really angry about something. She tried to ignore his words that he screamed from his room. But she couldn't, she still heard his words.

"The fuck is wrong with that damn brain damaged child?! Can she not do a goddamn thing right?! I ask her to go pick me up some drinks but did she fucking do that? No she fucking didn't! That stupid damn child with never be worth a damn thing!"

She didn't want to listen to him anymore. She couldn't. She found a pair of headphones, plugged them into her computer and turned on her music so she didn't have to hear him. She went on youtube and started to listen to one of her playlist called "Violin Stuff." She named it that because it is nothing but songs with out words. Just beautifully played music by some of (in her opinion) the greatest composers to ever live. She turned it up to full blast because she could still hear him. This music allowed her to find a place of peace, even just for a little while. While she listened, she never realized he called her name, until her bust opened her door, breaking it. She shot up, dropping her computer on the bed and stared at him.

"Did you not hear me call your fucking name Green?!" he yelled as he walked closer to her.

Her eyes widened as he walked toward her. She could do nothing but stand there, frozen with fear of what was going to happen.

"Answer me now damnit! Did you not hear me calling your damn name?!" he yelled again in her face. She could smell the strong stench of alcohol on his breath. She looked into his eyes and saw they were piercing red some veins showing up a bit with a glare that could kill.

"N-no sir. I-I did not he-hear you call my na-name." Was all she could mutter as she tried to hold back the fear that was in her voice and hide the expression of horror on her face as she stared at his mad face.

"You goddamn child!" he yelled as he drew his hand back and slapped her hard enough to were she fell to the ground. "You can't do anything right can you?! You worthless piece of shit!" he yelled again but this time kicking her in the stomach. She started to cough and gasp for air as she lied there not knowing what to do. "You never listen to your father do you? That's why you're going to end up worthless and on the street! Then you're going to wish you had listened to me!"

Green looked up at him when he grabbed her by the hair, yanked her up and stared her down. She tried to hold back the tears that were about to fall down her cheeks and the screams that so badly wanted to escape calling for help. He let go and smacked her down to the ground again. Now her tears rolled down her cheeks fast but she couldn't scream. She knew if she did, he would only kick her again.

"The next time I fucking call you, you had best damn answer me! Got it?!"

"Y-yes sir..." she coughed out as she cringed in pain and fear that he might do it again.

"Good! You damn piece of worthless shit." he said as he walked out of her room and slammed the broken door shut, breaking it even more. She softly cried, not wanting him to hear her. She tried to stand up by pulling herself up onto the bed, she lied down and curled up in a ball. She didn't even care if the lights were on, she knew they would let her know if he were to come back in during the middle of the night.

"Mommy...why did you have to leave me alone with him? Why did you have to die?" she muttered out as she cried. The throbbing pain grew as she tried to calm down. "Mommy...please save me" she whispered as she tried to close her eyes and get some sleep. But she was too afraid to sleep, she didn't want him coming in again like that. Green tried to steady her breathing, stop her tears and calm down. She didn't know what to do at this point. She was afraid to ask for help from anyone with the fear that he might try and hurt them. Green knows she has to endure it and pretend like nothing was happening. Like everything was good at home. As much as she hated it, she knew he was still her father. Her father was a horrible man, but she had to live with it. Green opens her eyes, trying not to cause too much pain as she sat up, she pulled out a notebook and a pen from under her pillow. She opened it to a clean page and began to write down all that has happened to her this day. This notebook was her diary that she kept hidden from the rest of the world, until the day she publishes it, thus telling the world of what she has endured for 19 years. Neglected as a baby she never felt his love, at the age of 5, her mother died because she committed suicide right in front of Green, at 10, he started to drink and get violent, at 15, he started to beat her, and now at 19, she lives with the pain and sorrow that she has been feeling for so long. Each day, she forces her self up, hides the bruises he caused her, and puts on a fake smile like every things was alright. She could not trust anyone out of fear of them getting hurt, but she still acted like she was close to everyone. Never talking to anyone about it, she suffered massive emotional pain that was never seen, but hidden behind a mask. She tries to forgive and forget that it happens, but it's the same every day. What everyone sees is only a mask hiding her other side. Her side made up of fear, pain, and sorrow. But she continues with her life, allowing others to believe her lie. What else could she do?
© Copyright 2013 Fuyu (hokkyokuokamie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1920511-Dark-Hatred