*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1921164-Addict-Ch-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Drama · #1921164
Drugs, Sex, and Money. What more could you ask for?
My elbows on my knees; they help support my hands which hold my head. My body aches for all of the nicotine I can get, but I'm out of cigarettes.
I rub my eyes with the palms of my hands. They sting, and my arms can't hold my hands up for long.
"Presley, you have got to use some visene." Nycole whispers from the front seat of the black Hummer.
Nycole, you need to shut up, I say, still not moving my head from my hands, No one can tell when I'm crashing from my high like they can with you.
"I'm just trying to help.." Nycole replies, her voice trembling.
I don't care what you were trying to do. My head is throbbing, please, just don't talk, and let Donnie take us home, I spit back.
Nycole snorts the blood running out her nose back up. The bridge of her nose is split, her lip is busted. She has a cut over her right eye, and it's gushing blood pretty bad.
Donnie says, "Dammit, Nycole, you're getting blood on my seat!" He looks her way out of the corner of his eye. "Stop getting it all over, man. That shit stains."
Nycole looks at Donnie out of the corner of her eye just in time to see my left arm swing all the way around to bash Donnie on the side of the head. Nycole's eyes dart forward when I yell: Donnie, you're such a fuck! If Nycole could have controle of her bleeding I'm sure she would, but she doesn't, so shuttup, and keep fucking driving. And don't talk to her like that again.
The side of Nycole's mouth flicks up, and then down real quick.
Donnie still drives, clutching the left side of his head, and cursing under his breath.

Donnie pulls into the driveway to my house 15 minutes later. He looks into the rear-view mirror and makes eye contact with me.
"We're here, Press. Get the hell out." He says with a wink.
Don't start with me, Donnie. You're drunk, and you still have the imprint of my knuckles on your face, I say getting out of the car, and talking to him through his open window.
"Don't get pissy, Hunnie, I'm just playing with you." He says smiling and stepping out of the car.
Nycole gets out of the Hummer, and latches onto her forearm.
Get back in the car and go home, Donnie. Drive safe, I say grabbing a twenty out of my bra, handing it to him and continuing with: This is for gas. Don't spend it on dope this time, fudge-packer.
I start for the house, and Nycole follows.
"Good-bye, ladies." Donnie slurs as we enter our house.
I shut the door behind us, and start to walk away, and then my hair gets pulled-- Fuck. I shut my hair in the door. Nycole opens the door to let my hair free with the hand on the arm that she's grasping.
My hair thanks you, Nycole, I smile.
She smiles, too and then says, "Will you help me?"
I nod, and from the living room we hear our father drunkenly slurring on the phone, probably to the woman that he's having an affair with. If he's drunk and talking to his lover, that means that our mother is downstairs in the parent's room passed out from being too drunk.
Come on, Nycole, let's fix you, I say grabbing a pack of cigarettes off the counter. Nycole follows me upstairs to the bathroom in my room.
Once we're there, she puts the lid of the toilet down, and sits on it, and I pull my swivel chair in. I get the glass out of the gash on my 12-year-old sister's forehead. She winces, then lets out a sigh; of relief, I think.
I get a round make-up removal pad and put rubbing alcohol on it.
Put this on your lip where it's swelled, I say grabbing a rectangular removal pad and putting neosporin on it. I say: Put this on the bridge of your nose after you clean it with that pad. I point to the pad on her lip.
She nods.
I get four squares of toilet paper, and fold them all into one thick square of toilet paper. I wedge my finger in the middle, then twist it a little and remove my finger so Nycole can put it in her right nostril to stop the blood that she's been sucking in up her nose.
When you're done, you can just head out, I guess.
"Thanks, Presley." She isn't trembling in her voice anymore.
I sit on my bed, and light a cigarette. I take 7 little puffs, and put it out in the ashtray on the end-table next to my bed. I lay down and doze off a little. My heart starts to wander a little, and then I feel a 98 pound pressure on my bed right in front of me. My eyes dart open.
Nycole starts to snuggle by me.
About 10 minutes pass, my arm is around my sister, and apparantly, neither of us are asleep, because I hear Nycole wisper my name twice before I reply.
"I'm sorry we had to leave the party early.."
Don't worry about it, everyone there was a penis pounder, anyways, I say with a laugh.
"Did you have enough bumps?" She asks
Yeah, and I sold a lot, which is good. All of the penis pounders there are total coke-heads, so they bought like 6 grams each. What happened to you, dude? I saw you hanging around with like-- Mike and Gus and Corey, but that was the last I saw.
"I was pretty drunk, And they told me they had pot, so we went to the basement to smoke it. And we did at first, but then Gus pulled out some heroine, and I was like 'Nah, man, I don't do that'. They said that was cool, and then they all shared the same fucking needle. That shit was gross, man. Anyway, Corey started acting all stupid, and picked up a vase and started joking around with it. When I laughed, he chucked it at me, and it hit me in my head. It shattered, and that's how I got the cuts on my nose and forehead. I fell to the ground and he started kicking me and punching me, and I was like-- looping in and out at this point. When Gus and Mike stopped laughing they helped me up. I remember I had a huge head-ache... I remember taking like.. 12 or so bumps upstairs a little after that.. Then going back downstairs, and laying on the couch. I heard footsteps, and everything is kinda fuzzy after that. I also remember opening my eyes and seeing a face that looked almost exactly like Mike's over me. He said something, then I 'hmmm'ed', and I felt myself stop getting dizzy. It was like a dream. When I finally came-to, I was in my bra, and wasn't wearing my pants or underwear."
You have got to be fucking kidding me. Are you telling me that you got the shit beat out of you and raped by my friends?! What fucks, man, I say. My stomach kinda sinks, and I shake it off.
"I'm fine. It's not like I was a virgin to begin with, Press. If I did get 'raped', I'm happy it was by Mike. He's hot."
And there's the sister I've always known.
I take my arm back from around my sister, and turn over.
Then we fell asleep.
© Copyright 2013 Paige Aaron (paigeaaron56 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1921164-Addict-Ch-1