*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1921840-The-life-of-Spring
Rated: · Chapter · Dark · #1921840
a look into the life of a girl, chapter 1
Prelude

This story starts off like any other.Girl likes boy and boy doesn't like girl. Girl threatens to kill herself and boy marries her instead. Who would have known 3 years of marriage and a two year old would've put a stopper in their marriage? This isn't their story though, this is the two year old's story. This is Spring's story and it starts here.

CHAPTER ONE

         When a mother is pregnant she normally feels joy, happiness, and naturally just a lot of fear. Norma wasn't like that, she was excited and happy but there was no fear in that woman's eyes. For heaven's sake she was having a baby, she of course would be way better than her mother ever was. She had a husband and she didn't need to know how to drive, why she didn't even need to hold a job. She was going to be a mother and that was her job. Mind you it was the 1990's and of course most women had jobs, but her husbands meager salary would support them.

         }I like to think in every marriage there is some equality, some evenness and mutual respect. I like to think that when I look at Norma and Danny's marriage. I like to think that there was a congenial-ness about it, that it was love. It may have been love, they had a booming baby girl. Then again many of people not in love have children, sadly this may be one of those cases. See Danny had a temper about him, but then to so did Norma. The only difference was that Danny never really wanted a kid, he barely could afford their house. Norma just really wanted the kid to keep the marriage alive and well, she thought Danny was cheating. When the baby was born it was as if their hate for each other grew. It was as if the baby put a magnifying glass on everything that was wrong. Danny ended up taking care of the baby all the time while Norma went shoppng all the time. Dan got frustrated and angry and ended up strangling Norma twice. Norma never took care of the child and Dan ended up hating it. They soon got divorced and Norma moved in with her mother and got the child.

         Norma was raised by her mother. Her mother miss Bessy Snipes was a single mom of three. She grew up in the fifties and had strict ideas about taking care of children. The only thing was that Ms. Snipes couldn't use her vast knowledge on her children. For she was a single mother of course she had to work, and work that woman did, in a factory doing the work most women of the time didn't. While this feat is admirable and understandable it also brings light to the fact that her children were left alone often. Turning Norma into a druggie and a drunkard following suit with her sisters leading the way. Norma of course cleaned up and got married, even had a kid. When the marriage went sour though she needed soemwhere to go. Being the mom Bessy thought she was she let her daughter stay with her. Naturally she helped raise the kid and got to inflict that good ole fifties parenting on little Spring.
© Copyright 2013 springinc (springinc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1921840-The-life-of-Spring