*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1922328-The-life-of-Spring-chapter-2
Rated: · Other · Family · #1922328
story about a girl growing up
Chapter 2

          In the fifties children played mostly on their own. They were raised to have manners and they were taught to be polite.Those were the rules and guidelines that Bessy grew up on, ,and the ones she instilled on young Spring. The only thing was that, Spring wasn't like most kids. She did't communicate with others alot and she preferred to be quite, even though she could talk since she was 2. Bessy found this impolite and constantly tried to fix this anomaly and she would try to for the rest of Spring's life.
         Some may say that without a mother fully in the picture that a child may grow up messed up in some sort. Now we can argue that some do and some are a great success. That didn't seem to be the case with Norma. At twenty-five Norma had the mind set of still a teenager, still living that childhood she never got to have. She had no want to raise a kid.All that was on her mind was partying and hanging out with men. The problem was though that she indeed had a kid, and she had to work. Her and her child were already living in the projects, and she couldn't live with her mother forever. Although, she might as well take advantage of living with her now. Leaving Spring with her mother every weekend wouldn't be soo bad, she worked all week and she deserved some fun. Plus, its not like Spring was changing everyday, kids can be quite boring you know?
         Being three isn't easy, especially when you have a mind of a ten year old. That was Spring's problem. Being so smart at a young age can be difficult, knowing too much makes you seem odd to others. She figured that instead of turning heads with her unorthodox smarts she would just stay quiet. Her grandma didn't like this very much, she always wanted Spring to talk like a parrot! It can be very frustrating you know, to recite everything a person says, It didn't help that her grandma didn't say anything interesting, just the basics that Spring already knew: Apple, Banana, Yellow, Blue. It was awful. But it didn't matter Spring had enough time alone to do what she wanted, and what she loved most was reading,math, and Bob Barker on "The Price Is Right". Odd end to the list i know, but she loved the show and she loved Bob. You must think when a three year old is always alone a friendly smile is hard to come by. So every morning she would wake up and get a bowl of cereal and go to the basement(where her mothers room was)and turn on the tv and watch Bob. Because all in all he at the moment was her only friend.
© Copyright 2013 springinc (springinc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1922328-The-life-of-Spring-chapter-2