*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1921866-The-Blue-Diamond
Rated: E · Short Story · Entertainment · #1921866
Not just another story.
The Blue Diamond

The wind blew so strong it tipped over a barge on the banks of Day Spring River.
Police Officers fished it out as they looked upon a stolen diamond not worth three cents.
This was the beginning of a short story Fred my neighbor was working on.

Fred had a story about a Blue Diamond past down to him from his grandmother's mother.
No one could find out if the story was real or a fantasy in an old woman's head. All that mattered was the story was handed down to the children before they reached the age of ten. Maybe because by that age children are looking forward to bigger and better stories than from grandmother's who seemed to fantasize about years past. Needless, to say that was the end of The Blue Diamond story. Fred's book never made it to publish due to him having a heart attack in the middle of the day yesterday. All that was left where a few crumbled letters among his belongings. The Blue Diamond will never be told again. How do I know? Well, let me show you my letter opener.
© Copyright 2013 Belinda (bmccorvey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1921866-The-Blue-Diamond