*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1923074-College-application
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Tivoi
Rated: · Fiction · Other · #1923074
A senior that applies for the college of his dreams.
Steven is a senior in high school; he has perfect grades and does lots of extra curricular work after school. Such as football, soccer, history club, and the debate team, but his downfall was that he is a procrastinator.

As he looked for a scholarship for a college, he had found a scholarship for Harvard. Grabbing the last application, he ran to his car to quickly fill it out. Thinking to himself, “This is the perfect chance for me to get into the college of my life.” Furiously scribbling information down onto the sheet, he finished all two pages of a once in a lifetime dream. Scanning around for missing spots, he noticed that it was due on April 22nd. In his mind he knew that he would have a month to send in the application. “I guess I’ll send it in later, since I have time.” He said to himself.

Revving the engine of his truck, the engine sputtered with dark puffs of diesel fumes from his tail pipe. Slowly backing out of the parking lot, he drove to the nearest fast food restaurant. Taco bell looks like a nice place to eat. Pulling into the to go lane. A voice uttered, “Welcome to taco bell, how may I help you?” In reply “I would like three cheesy burritos with no lettuce please.” He paid and drove off.

As he got home, he ran upstairs with his backpack and food. Throwing the backpack into the corner landing on a pile of clothes and tossing the food onto the bed, he read over his application another time. The due date was actually the 2nd, which was due in 3 days. Franticly calling the college, he pleaded with them to extend the date. They replied with “Sorry, you’re out of time.”
© Copyright 2013 Tivoi (minitank at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1923074-College-application