*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1924907-The-First-Day
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rob
Rated: E · Article · Self Help · #1924907
Motivational article on peak performance and living in the moment.
The first day was fantastic!

The first day was absolutely the best!

I can remember just how I felt on the first day. I had a hopefulness about the future on the first day and I felt as if the possibilities were endless. I was totally in the moment, problems and negativity from the past seemed unimportant and distant.

On the first day the air smelled fresher and the huge smile on my face was never more genuine than it was right then. I knew that this is what they refer to as "Being in the Zone"!

I spoke with people and responded to events with resourcefulness and good humor. Nothing could set me back or ruin my mood because it was the first day!

As I think about it, I'm wishing that I could bottle the feelings I had on the first day, keeping them close at hand. It would be like the most intense energy drink ever produced. If I was having a down day and it was showing on my face, a friend would say "Why don't you pop open one of those bottles of First Day you have over there? I'm sure it would pick you right up". "You're right" I'd say as I grabbed one and drank it all the way down. It would feel cool in my throat but by the time it hit my stomach there would be a pleasant burn.

Sure enough, all of those terrific, empowering and positive feelings would be alive in me once more. I'd stand taller, be more effective and inspired by the magic in that bottle of "First Day". I would be unstoppable.

Yes, the first day was all of this to me and much more. I've described how the first day made me feel and how I'd love to be able to store those feelings to use when I need a boost, but just what exactly was the first day? I'll tell you, and I'll explain why the feelings are so fresh in my memory.
You see, the first day was yesterday. The first day is also today. The first day will be tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that too. The first day isn't an event, and it's not a date you can write on any calendar either. The first day is an attitude. The first day is a gift.

You have the ability and I'd say the privilege to see every day as the first day. It's not a joke and it's not a lie, it's truly the reality of your life. But perception is reality, and that means it's totally your choice if you see today as your first day of success and greatness or your first day of decline. Whichever you decide upon, you're right, that's what it is.

As for me, I choose happiness and success. I actually invested in this product and I have a lifetime supply of "First Day" in the fridge. I enjoyed a cool, refreshing bottle just this morning, what a great way to start the day!

If you need some and aren't sure where to look, just ask, "First Day is even better when you share.
© Copyright 2013 Rob (rjscalfaro at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1924907-The-First-Day