*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1925009-Wear-My-Ring
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #1925009
A story about love.
Wear My Ring

It was a hot summer day in mid August when Dillon Deceptive parked his red ford pickup truck in front of the Baxter’s ice cream shop. Baxter’s ice cream was on Highway 24 near the High Water River in Oxford, Florida. He had blue jeans, a white t-shirt and a leather black jacket on. He looked like he was on a mission that day.
Well, no one could have ever guessed what would happen next…………….

Mr. Baxter’s daughter Amber Authentic was the Watermelon Queen that summer. Amber came in the shop just after Dillon. She was wearing a beautiful blue Paget dress. Her curly golden blonde hair was pinned back with a blue ribbon along with a matching blue opal clip that her grandmother had given her for winning the Watermelon Queen Festival for the fourth year in a row.

Just then, Dillon walked over to the juke box and selected “Wear my ring around your neck”, by Elvis Presley. He started dancing throughout the store and found his way to Amber. Next thing you know, he had placed a necklace with his class ring around her neck! It seemed as if time had slowed down. They both looked into each other’s eyes and began to dance!

No one would have ever guessed. Dillon Deceptive and Amber Authentic were going steady! The news spread fast throughout High Water Town that day. Well, I guess the real news was after Mr. Baxter came in and saw them dancing. Mr. Baxter took his shot gun and started shooting. Dillon ran out of the shop, left his pickup truck and ran through the antique shop, barely missing Mr. Baxter’s gun shot as he jumped over the fence that lead him to High Water River. Needless the say, Dillon was not seen in those parts again.

The story of “Wear my Ring “, is still told around High Water town. Amber is the librarian in town and never married. Some still feel that Dillon and Amber are still seeing each other. They say they can hear “Wear my ring around your neck” and see shadows of a couple dancing when they go camping at High Water River in the late afternoons during the summer. As for me, I believe that deceptive love is no match for true love.
© Copyright 2013 Belinda (bmccorvey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1925009-Wear-My-Ring