*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1925888-Welcome-to-Precinct-13
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1925888
Precinct 13.A peaceful place for were folk and vamp folk can settle.
Welcome to the city of Riverbend. We have a thriving community here where many minorities are made to feel welcome. We have a growing thriving industrial base, a lot of shopping with the usual major stores and an interesting mix of a whole lot of smaller boutiques that cater to a varied clientele. Our restaurants will please the most demanding palate as well as some of the more delicate systems. Some will even deliver for a modest fee.
Our citizens have made themselves right at home, all over the place, in the city as well as in the surrounding territory. We have excellent schools, which you need not take my word for we’re in the top 10 statewide and among the top 1000 nationally. Our parks are one of our prides, with linking trails from one to another
Police, fire, ambulance and taxis are widely available. In fact we have three taxi companies here! For the day worker just place your call to the Day-Cab line, and for the shift worker another; just dial 1GypsyCab3 for your night ride, or TransportL for cargo and passenger service.
Now, there are many ethnic neighborhoods here, the Orientals prefer the East side for some reason, sporting people of all kinds prefer the suburbs, and our inner city is very well policed. I can’t ignore the sad fact that some gangs have made a presence ere, but that’s part of iner city life, although they find it from problematic to extremely difficult to infiltrate certain neighborhoods. All law abiding folks are welcome here, regardless of their ethnic background.
Now let me address myself to some of our more reclusive residents and citizens. If you have a certain hirsutism problem and a severe reaction to certain metals, or if you have a certain dietary need concerning a liquid diet, and a severe reaction to sunlight or if you have ancestors that may well be larger than the norm today, please feel free to settle down with your fellows in Precinct 13. Really, it’s no bother, others with your peculiar needs and more have settled in there, and made quite a nice life for themselves. Feel welcome to explore our city here in the bend of this great river, and find a place to settle down. There is work for one and all.
© Copyright 2013 dogwalker (dogwalker965 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1925888-Welcome-to-Precinct-13