*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1928093-Cover-Letter
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Other · #1928093
The Cover Letter I submitted to Kristell Ink!
Dear Kara and the rest of the team at Kristell-Ink,


I would like to submit my manuscript, HEALER’S TOUCH, to your new imprint. HEALER’S TOUCH is a story about a girl who’s power to heal costs the life of anything, or anyone, she is in contact with. It is a fantasy tale with a decent dollop of romance and a spattering of steampunk. I believe it shares some aspects of style and content with the Sookie Stackhouse series, and I’d like to believe there are some similarities to Brent Weeks’ work.

Presently, I am a part-time document compiler/designer, and a mother to a toddler about to enter the terrible twos (you ask me, he’s already there). I gained second place in the first short-story competition I entered through the local Writer’ Workshop, and have gained a few placings in the writing.com “Weekly Quickie” contest (two 3rd’s, one 2nd, from three entries). Otherwise, all my writing efforts over the last few years have gone into shaping HEALER’S TOUCH into what it is today.

Thank you for the opportunity to share my story with you. It is probably simplest to contact me via email on: @@@@@@. If need be, you may contact me on ####### (mobile), or ###### (home). I look forward to hearing from you.


Sincerely, ....

====

Notes... I had already been in contact with the publisher, loosely, via an online forum at Authonomy (I'm not sure if you know of this giant slush pile run by Harper Collins).

I was able to include a synopsis at the same time, so I didn't put too much into the letter. If I hadn't, I would have used the back-cover copy the Canaries helped me shape.
© Copyright 2013 Soulhaven (soulhaven at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1928093-Cover-Letter