*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1928094-Healers-Touch-Synopsis
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1928094
The synopsis for Healer's TOuch that I provided for Kristell Ink
Llew is a young woman surviving in the rustic town of Cheer, on the island nation, Aghacia. She knows she is different: she’s taller than other girls her age, and has yet to grow any discernible breasts. Oh, and she can heal herself in an instant. But it costs: healing a tiny scratch can kill a small plant.

A Cheer orphan has two options: pickpocketing or working in a Cathouse. Llew chose the former, and dresses as a boy to make sure it stays that way.

But womanhood is fast approaching and Llew’s guise won’t hold for long. When Llew’s friend fingers her for a murder she didn’t commit, she and her “friend” are hanged, and both her power and her gender are revealed to the locals of her home town.

On the run, she meets up with Jonas, Aris and their posse on a journey to Phyos – a land full of opportunity for a girl like Llew.

Llew learns that, as a lieutenant in the Quaven army, Jonas kills Aenuks; healers. And he carries the knife with the power to do it. She strives to earn his trust so that, should the time come, hopefully he will at least hesitate to kill her.

Jonas and Llew are caught up in a scuffle and Llew is killed. When she wakes, Jonas is obviously not happy … But, he didn’t kill her. On learning that Llew actually died and came back, Aris, Jonas’ Captain, knows she is more than Aenuk; she is Syaenuk. Llew learns that Jonas is Syakaran – the strongest, fastest version of the Karan race, known for their strength and speed, as the Aenuks are known for their healing and destruction.

The nation known as Turhmos is known to use Aenuks to bolster their armed forces. Healing makes them highly effective medics, while the draining side-effect turns them into deadly soldiers. The group know it won’t be long before Turhmos comes looking for Llew.

Worse still, Jonas’ half-brother, Braph, already knows what and where she is. Llew learns that Braph wants her for her blood, which he would use to power a device he wears, allowing him to perform magic.

Hoping for the best, Llew continues her travels with the group, setting sail for Phyos.

Braph begins efforts to weaken the group, turning the voyage into a tense affair.

The group make it, relatively unscathed, to Phyos and then on to Rakun, the city of their destination. In the safety of Lord Gaemil’s estate, they celebrate their arrival with a ball.

But the estate is not as safe as they had hoped, and Braph makes his move, flying Llew into the heart of Turhmos.

Braph takes Llew to his home where he drains Llew’s blood, obtaining the crystals he is after.

After several days at Braph’s, Llew finds the rare occasion to escape.

Eventually, she catches up to Jonas, who has entered Turhmos with Alvaro, Cassidy and another friend, to find her. But, so does Braph.

Jonas and Braph fight. Jonas is naturally stronger and faster, but Braph is armed with the crystals he obtained from Llew. Llew helps Jonas when she can until Braph is nearly overwhelmed. But Braph has one last trick up his sleeve – his latest inventions; a pair of pistols... (end cut to preserve enjoyment of the actual book)



===



On reading this, it is rather terrible! But we are all constantly learning... I've already been told my early draft of my next book reads better than HT! (and I had more time available to put into that) These things happen.



I don't know if this will help... probably the more generic links I provided will be of more help... but, at least you can see some stuff that worked...



© Copyright 2013 Soulhaven (soulhaven at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1928094-Healers-Touch-Synopsis